Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A different kind of hunting >

A different kind of hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A different kind of hunting

Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A different kind of hunting

I'd take that 1 step further and check with a library or college professor on those. Be very interesting to know the exact use of those.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

HMMM.......how bout that.

Itwould be neat to see if someone with knowledge of stone tools could chime in and say what they really are.

Bloodcrick, (He is our resident rock expert) seems to think somebody has just roughed them to shape and stashed them. Then when he had more time he would go back and finish them. That's why some look pretty rough around the edges so to speak.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice
Old 09-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Nice collection. Depending on the factors, a few of those could be worth thousands. You really should get them checked by a pro.
I cant really tell you too much, because I have no Idea of your location, tribe, and most importantly, size of those pieces. care to take a pic with a tape measure next to one for reference?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go shrewbeer, from Jersey County(West Central) IL. Near where the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers come together.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Very cool! I'm no expert, but they look like tools/knives that they skinnedcut up the animals (deer,buffalo,etc.) with. Great finds.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 PM

those are spear heads and hand tool type heads. Arrow heads are pretty small, they really wern't much bigger than the arrow diameter. I am no expert but saw that on a show. But reguardless they are cool.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

haha is that a cat in the bottom right corner lol but yea those are awesome i havent found any in forever
Old 09-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

i have a ton of these from tenn.
we go out in plwed fields.
the arrow heads will be alot smaller, and usually pretty short. spear heads are a bit onger but still narrow. those look like rough naps or knives to me.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome!! ive always wanted to get into that, just never have....

2 buddies were groundhog hunting and i pulled over to join them....when they sat down in the foot high alfalfa, the one buddy pulled up an absolutely beautiful arrowhead...guess theres supposed to be a good bit of that sorta thing in the area....ive never really looked...always looking at the ground but havent spotted any yet....

a friends friend hunts them hard....hes found tons of them.....guess its like shed hunting...gotta have an eye for it....he says he goes right after a rain and he says they shine a certain way that other rock wont..

Quick Reply: A different kind of hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.