Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rinehart 3-D Targets?????? >

Rinehart 3-D Targets??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rinehart 3-D Targets??????

Old 03-18-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Rinehart 3-D Targets??????

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys own any of the Rinehart 3-D targets?

I found them on the internet while surfing today, and they look like awsome targets. They are expensive, but, they look tough. They have pictures of them running over one of there targets (a doe, on the head), with a 3/4 ton pick-up. They did it 3 times and no damage occured to the target. Also, they are supposidly the most durable 3-D targets in the world. They said that they will take 2 times as many shots as ANY competitors products.

One other thing I really like is the positions/arrangements of these targets. You can get a 30 point whitetail that has 4 drop tines on it' s antlers and represents a 250 pound deer, you can get fighting bucks, a 10 point buck with a 250 pound representation, you can get spike bucks, and even does. The targets look incredibly real, which is really a nice feature in a 3-D target, IMO. The 30 point looks so real that I think you could choke while shooting it in your back yard

They also offer TONS of ODD targets. You can get your normal targets, but, they also have.......

Dinosaurs
A pink panter
Frogs
A Cheesehead
Baboon
Cobra
Skunk
Rino
and they even offer a gobbling turkey.

Like I said, the prices are expensive....499 for the 30 point, and 450 for the 10 point. There cheaper targets (skunk, raccoon, ect) are around 140.

Check them out and tell me what you guys think of these thing...... http://www.rinehart3-d.com/targets7.html
Old 03-19-2003, 03:34 AM

Default RE: Rinehart 3-D Targets??????

The local club that I' m a member of has started out with 25 new rhineharts this year. They seem to be a pretty good target. When you pull the arrow out, you can actually see it heal itself.
They claim that they are super easy to pull arrows from (much more than others). Personally, I couldn' t tell much differance.
They do have some really differant looking targets. Dinosaurs are pretty cool.
I went to the Rhinehart 100 tour a couple of weeks ago. What a joke! But that' s only my opinion, and all the guys I shot with. And others I talked to.
I guess after we shoot the targets through the year we will be able to tell whether or not the extra money is actually worth it or not.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:12 AM

Our local club has started to use more Rhineharts than McKensies. They sound expensive but the price includes an extra replacement center. They say ' free' center but you are paying for it. You probably won' t see much difference pulling aluminum arrows but pulling carbons is much easier with the rhinehart. We had 211 shooters at our last shoot and usually average around 175 per month and the rhinehart targets hold up much better than McKenzy. I like the additional ' kill' zones for quartering situations. I don' t like all of the ' kill' zones on the turkeys and badgers etc. etc. That one turkey must have 9-10 kill zones. Overall, I would rate them terrific!
Old 03-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have been purchasing them for our archery club for our 3D shoots. We have been very impressed with them and are looking at buying more of them.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our local club got one of those baboons last year. They are a little different to shoot at when you don' t know where the kill zone is!

But overall, I liked the target very much.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:41 PM

yes they sure look like nice targets. they are deffinatly are pricy
Old 03-19-2003, 07:45 PM

They are great targets....But they do not come with free centers anymore....but the centers are still cheaper than Mckensizes
Old 03-20-2003, 10:34 AM

i saw an ad in bow hunting world ,rinehart is having a 3d shoot in different locations around the country. [:-]
Old 03-20-2003, 02:13 PM

Hawgz, our new catalog still says they send a second center. We will be ordering some this week I hope and will let you know.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:58 PM

hafa8pt....We just got 20 new ones and they said they no longer gave new centers...Figures just when we get ready to change over

Quick Reply: Rinehart 3-D Targets??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.