HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   any ideas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/264550-any-ideas.html)

bigtim6656 09-23-2008 10:14 AM

any ideas

guys. I traded my ford for a chevy with 7 inchs of lift. so getting a deer in it will be a some work. I bought a game cart. i thought about taking some 2x4s or 2x6s and using them for ramps. then i had a hillbilly idea must be from my days in KY.
i have a old jetski trailer i do not need. I thought about taking it apart and using the two main beams. to make a hoist. There are a few places i can mount it to my truck with out much trouble or damage to the truck.
First i though take one run up the side of the bed on the inside. Then take a swivel like a short boat seat swivel and mount it to the first beam. Then run a short piece say 24 inch's across the top of the swivel. and use a hand crank to crank the deer up and turn it into the truck.

What do you think of the idea. Would a boat seat swivel hold up or what should i use for a swivel.
also if i cranked the deer up by the head or front feet would that aid in gutting the deer when it was vertical. i would think if you cut it open the guts would fall right out.
Also how long would the main beam need to be if the bottom is on the bed of the truck for the deer to clear the bottom of the bed

quiksilver 09-23-2008 10:21 AM

RE: any ideas

I think you should shoot a deer first.

Seriously dude, just shoot a deer, gut the damn thing, drag it back to the truck, and toss it in the bed. Not that hard.

GMMAT 09-23-2008 10:22 AM

You are 6'5"!:D

Wrap a rope around a doe's neck....or grab a buck by his antlers and drag it in!

NO PROBLEMS!

MN/Kyle 09-23-2008 10:26 AM

Shoot a little one.

cooter144 09-23-2008 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Wrap a rope around a doe's neck....or grab a buck by his antlers and drag it in!

NO PROBLEMS!
Yep...I'm not a big guy and I have pulled 200+ lb dressed bucks into the back of my truck by myself using a glenn's deer handle.

Tim...why did you get a truck that sits so high anyway? Looks like it's gonna be a pain in the ass

bigtim6656 09-23-2008 11:00 AM

the side of the bed sits eye level so just grapping it and tossing it in will be a chore

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I think you should shoot a deer first.

Seriously dude, just shoot a deer, gut the damn thing, drag it back to the truck, and toss it in the bed. Not that hard.

bigtim6656 09-23-2008 11:05 AM

at the hieght of the truck i will have to dead lift the deer either picking it up and tossing it in the 51/2 foot high bed or pulling it up to the point where i would be lifting it all the way off the ground.

ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

NO PROBLEMS!
Yep...I'm not a big guy and I have pulled 200+ lb dressed bucks into the back of my truck by myself using a glenn's deer handle.

Tim...why did you get a truck that sits so high anyway? Looks like it's gonna be a pain in the ass

bowmanaj 09-23-2008 11:56 AM

The first thing you did right was trade your ford for a chevy..:D

bigtim6656 09-23-2008 12:54 PM

hey i am a ford person just the chevy had a better body 1985 body with almost no rust.

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

The first thing you did right was trade your ford for a chevy..:D

kgtech 09-23-2008 01:01 PM

hey i like the use of a game cart& 2x6 i torn me rotion cuff by draging a big deer by myself