Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Personal info....delete if you must... >

Personal info....delete if you must...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Personal info....delete if you must...

Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Personal info....delete if you must...

So you were paid off till the end of the year right. You already have a line on another job. That is kick ass, why is everyone withing you luck. I am saying that rocks. You could be like the rest of us, big payments and no work. I would say you fell into a pile of crap and came out smelling like a rose!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

I can appreciate your desire to get something under your belt, apply the same drive and determination to this as you do everything else and you will land right where you wanna be... good luck in whatever you decide to tackle, and enjoy your time to hunt and getaway in Mexico

Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

But still......it IS a little scary, huh? Just the unknown of it. I mean, for the last 13 years, you've known what your job and duties are, and there is some security in that. Now, well......That's all changed, hasn't it? And with that comes some uneasiness, I know. Have fun in Mexico (again).....
Yes sir, Donnie....and I'd be lying if I said otherwise. But I look at it like this.....

If I'm not going to be fulfilled, here.....I need to find my place. I'm fortunate in the fact that I am able to take some chances some others might not get to. We live WELL (ask the guys who were just here......lol) within our means....and my wife's job is wonderful. She's also EXTREMELY supportive.

And she likes venison!

Hunting with my boy, today. Life is good

So you were paid off till the end of the year right. You already have a line on another job. That is kick ass, why is everyone withing you luck. I am saying that rocks. You could be like the rest of us, big payments and no work. I would say you fell into a pile of crap and came out smelling like a rose!
Still scary, Teej......and I admit that. I don't wanna fall into "another" "job". It's my time to figure out what I wanna do....and yes...I have the luxury of being somewhat "picky".

I find solace in the fact I'll get to hunt a LOT.....but it's still not "rosy". I hope I don't paint that picture. "Cautious optimism" is the phrase.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Good luck, Jeff. Sounds like you made the right decision!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care who you are, changing jobs is a scary thing, butlife is too short to be"apprehensive"about the unkown. However, somefear is a good thing, because it creates drive, which will lead to success.

If I were in your shoes I would take the money my old company gave me and bank it. Then I would take the new job being offered while I weighed my options. If you decide the new company stinks then in a few months you can take the money you banked and run your own deal. I just don't think you can lose with that option, IMHO.

I think you came out great. Heck, if my current company wanted to pay me out for the rest of the year and I already had another job lined up I would do it right now. And evensaying that, I work at an awesome place.I know to some degree you have to be a little apprehensive, but I have a feeling you'll be just fine. Best of luck!!! -Ryan
Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 AM

I have a feeling Jeff will be fine in whatever he does, the guy is not lazy and he is go getter...Jeff good luck and enjoy some hunting time and time with Lisa.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're right... things do happen for a reason and I wish you guys the best with your future plans.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck with it all Jeff!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 PM

GMMAT....Good luck and like so many here have already said, things happen for a reason. I myself am "self Employed", and it is scary at times, but I can't see myself working for anybody else. I took a $100,000 pay cut right away, but the time i have with my family now is priceless. Take your time, and you and lisa will make everything work.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Spike

Good Luck!!! I don't do a lot of posting but visit the site almost everyday. Ialways like to read your posts and feel like I know you even though we've never met. I share a lot of the same views as you. You will be fine!!!!

Quick Reply: Personal info....delete if you must...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.