Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Personal info....delete if you must... >

Personal info....delete if you must...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Personal info....delete if you must...

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Personal info....delete if you must...

I've been in the construction industry for the past 13+ years.....and I've been grooming myself for a marketing position within my current company for over 8 yrs of that. I found out on the 12th....that I would not be getting that position.

I won't lie....I was crushed.....but Lisa and I talked about it....and we both believe things happen for a reason. I came in last Monday (15th) and asked some serious questions. What ensued from there resulted in my accepting a company "buy-out" that would have me compensated, fully, for almost the rest of this year. I'm looking at entreprenurial avenues as we speak (OK...type)....and we know we're gonna be fine....and likely prosper. it didn't take long for things to look up....as I was offered a position with another company, just yesterday. It's something we'll discuss and think about....but the bottom line is.....I'm gonna be fine!

I tell you all this....because you're a pseudo "family" to me. My last day at my current position will be this coming Friday. So....future email correspondence (and I enjoy emailing with the guys that I've corresonded with in the past) will be [email protected]

Nothing else has changed! I'll get to hunt more this year than I imagined.....lol....and Lisa and I are still going to Mexico (again) in 2 weeks. We're looking at this as a positive....and a new door.

"Uneasy" is fair.....but I was scared the first time I lept off the diving board. This is different.....but not???

I'll stay in touch with all of you the same as always......through here. I'm gonna hunt my ass off for the next few months....and I'll let you know what transpires.

Mods....if you need to move this....simply delete it. My friends on these forums are "here"....in the Bowhunting section.

New doors.......

Good luck to all this year.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 AM

Default RE: Personal info....delete if you must...

well good luck!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Faith will go a long way Jeff, A LONG way. I know you know that.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck on your new venture GMMAT!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

As with most things in life, as one door closes another door opens! Good luck and keep the faith!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Jeff, I also truly believe things happen for a reason. Only knowing you from here you sound like a very intelligent guy and I'm sure you'll end up better off than you are now !
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

If you ever want to come to Lowe's Corporate, just let me know. Stephanie does work in HR ya know!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats one thing about the construction field, if you bumped of the street there is always a avenue to take.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

All the best, Jeff. I updated your contact info, so I can hatemail you at any time. LOL Things happen for a reason, bro. Enjoy the break between jobs. It couldn't havecome at a better time. Give me aringsometime in the next week or so.

I'm in the same boat - could be leaving my current job on a day's notice. If the dominos fall the right way, I'd like to orchestrate a week-or-two between jobs to spend some time on a week-long honeymoon with my treestand. Work can wait.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel like my own business opprotunity will serve us better, Brandon....but I'll keep that in mind. You work for a GREAT company....and we've done a LOT of work for you guys in the past.

I never saw myself as a bricks and mortar guy. I'm a "big picture" person. We've come to look at this as a "nudge" towards a more secure future. I've had some ideas for possible venture on my head for years. I'll probably pick one and leap. THEN I'll get scared....lol.

TeeJay.....I could go to work for a present competitor, tomorrow (in this field). I have solce in that.Providing for my family....I'll do. But the package was good....and the timing is right. You are right about the industry, though....I just don't think I want to work for anyone, again....IN THIS INDUSTRY. If I go the construction route.....it'll be under MY shield.

Thanks, guys. Words are MUCH....I mean MUCH appreciated.

Quick Reply: Personal info....delete if you must...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.