HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Acorns are dropping like crazy! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/264418-acorns-dropping-like-crazy.html)

MichaelHunsucker 09-22-2008 02:52 PM

RE: Acorns are dropping like crazy!

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Just went out behind m apartment and they are loaded up with acorns but still green and pretty small. Probably got a little longer before they drop around here.
Some trees are still like that, but they not all are the same. I saw a bunch of trees with small green acorns on them and they probably wont drop any time soon if they even do this year. Just because all of the acorns arent dropping doesnt mean some aren't ;)

ORIGINAL: buckeye
Last week, were the beans still green or had they turned yellow / brown?

What about now that they aren't really using the field any more? What are the beans status?
They are still pretty green, the deer just don't have a reason to leave the timber now...

PABuck_HNTR 09-22-2008 02:57 PM

So the acorns are falling just as fast as the big bucks are for you guys? :D

MO_Bowhnter 09-22-2008 02:58 PM

That's true Micheal. I guess it's time to go find those stands of oaks that is dropping hot and you got a goldmine.

castuckey 09-22-2008 03:17 PM

We have acorns on the ground early this year as well. Only because of Hurrican Gustav blowing through and knocking them all down prematurely. This is in Baton Rouge, LA.

wallhangr 09-22-2008 03:27 PM

Not so much the acorns, but the walnuts are crashing to the ground like crazy. The persimmons are getting really close to dropping as well.

badassbowtech 09-22-2008 03:27 PM

I haven't seen any yet in Mi. Unless they've dropped since thursday. :eek:

Austin/WI 09-22-2008 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: npockat32

ORIGINAL: earnabuck

Falling in wisconsin. they hit me on the head while I am in my stand.
HA! LOL!

Yeah here in WI they are all over the place too.
Yep same here. I was sitting on saturday morning before sunup thinking - what the heck is that sound? First light comes and the light goes on:D

VA5326 09-22-2008 03:31 PM

I love the sound of acorns falling on a tin roof. It means the timber is prime hunting.

titleist_03 09-22-2008 03:34 PM

Here in Illinois I haven't seen anything falling and from the looks of them, they are going to drop late or else they are just going to be tiny. I'm disspointed with the crop. With all the rain we had, I thought they would be loaded, but I haven't seen a tree loaded yet.