HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Acorns are dropping like crazy! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/264418-acorns-dropping-like-crazy.html)

MichaelHunsucker 09-22-2008 01:56 PM

Acorns are dropping like crazy!

Don't know if it is just in our area or not, but the acorns are dropping early this year. I think its becasue we had that cool weather with all the rain the past few weeks. I went and scouted one of our farms yesterday with Shawn and found a little honey hole. There were several trees in the immediate area dropping and it just looked like a feed lot in there. Tracks and droppings everywhere! Even a couple nice rubs and scrapes. I actually put out my camera on a scrape just to see what was using it. We usually only hunt this farm during the rut, but since the acorns are dropping so good we decided to check it out early.

Ty and Larry hunted a bean field last night and only saw THREE does! In this same field just last week they saw 23 deer feeding in it including two shooters. The deer in our area are already pulling off the beans and hitting the nuts!

What are you guys seeing?

earnabuck 09-22-2008 02:10 PM

RE: Acorns are dropping like crazy!

Falling in wisconsin. they hit me on the head while I am in my stand.

BrownBow33 09-22-2008 02:11 PM

I was at a friends house this weekend shooting bow's and I thought I was gonna end up in the hospital. They arent just falling they have a mind of their own and they were trying to kill me for sure.

npockat32 09-22-2008 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: earnabuck

Falling in wisconsin. they hit me on the head while I am in my stand.
HA! LOL!

Yeah here in WI they are all over the place too.

bcvd45 09-22-2008 02:14 PM

They are falling like the sky in Missouri. Scaring the hell out of me and they hurt a bit when they get you just right.....Can't they see I'm trying to sleep....I mean hunt? I just blame the squirrels.

NChunterman 09-22-2008 02:21 PM

My local herd aren't hitting the beans at all, unless it's after dark.

MO_Bowhnter 09-22-2008 02:28 PM

Are all of you Missouri guys hunting north of I-70? I haven't seen any dropping yet down in the south central MO.

MO_Bowhnter 09-22-2008 02:36 PM

Just went out behind m apartment and they are loaded up with acorns but still green and pretty small. Probably got a little longer before they drop around here.

buckeye 09-22-2008 02:41 PM

Ty and Larry hunted a bean field last night and only saw THREE does! In this same field just last week they saw 23 deer feeding in it including two shooters. The deer in our area are already pulling off the beans and hitting the nuts!
Last week, were the beans still green or had they turned yellow / brown?

What about now that they aren't really using the field any more? What are the beans status?

bcvd45 09-22-2008 02:46 PM

Really? I was in Christian county just southeast of springfield and they were falling non stop while i was on stand.