Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So this is why you guys bowhunt! >

So this is why you guys bowhunt!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So this is why you guys bowhunt!

Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM

Default So this is why you guys bowhunt!

Struck out today. But I went full draw on a deer for about ten minutes, and I cannot shake the feeling. Best in the world. I could have held that string forever, it felt like nothing. And the picture in my head of that pin floating over the deer is just priceless.
I've hunted with guns, and it just doesnt even come close. Although extremely irritated at myself (see other thread), I feel really good. I have yet to kill a deer with a bow, and am already in love with the sport. Thanks to everyone for helping me get this far.
And my next thread had better be a happy one with a picture
Old 09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So this is why you guys bowhunt!

My friend, THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!!! I sometimes say that bowhunting is a "more intimate sport," one in which you get very up close and personal with the animals, and the more of them you pass on, the more you'll learn about them. Often timesI could care less if I make a kill, it's much more about the experience, and getting CLOSEenough to them that you can smell them, hear them eating, watch them blink their eyes, see how they truly do communicate with each other, and in that instant, I feel like I'm almost part of nature.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well it sounds like your ready, lets hear it. Hi, my name is shrewbeer and I'm addicted to Bow hunting. Welcome to the other side.
Good luck this season.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

My friend, THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!!!

. Often timesI could care less if I make a kill, it's much more about the experience, and getting CLOSEenough to them that you can smell them, hear them eating, watch them blink their eyes, see how they truly do communicate with each other, and in that instant, I feel like I'm almost part of nature.
Very true OH, that was put very well.....
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

WELL I HAVE BEEN HUNTING FOR FIVE YEAR THIS SEASON
I have not got a deer yet and i am hooked last year was my first year bow hunting. my first year i got close but did not get one my second year i scouted more and had a could spot but so did 20 other gun hunters. i skipped my third. Last year i had my bow for about year or close to two. I said if i did not drop a deer this year i was done. My first day a doe got 50 yards out coming right at me and busted me (tip do not wear blue jeans 12 feet high) that day about noon a spike come in 10 yard out and got behind a tree i went to let my draw down and shoot over him by mistake. by the end of week on i was hooked. The second week i got a shot at a 9 point and was shaking to much and shot over him. Up to this year i had not come to the decision this was a life long hobby i would do. Well i knew by the end of week two last season i would hunt the rest of my life. So i went all out and bought everything i need anda few things i wanted.
I have spent 1400 and will spend 300 next week on stuff to butcher my own deer. I have three great spots and about 5 secondary spots. for just in case the wind is wrong or i kill a deer in say one and the wind will not allow me two hunt the others.

I really think this is my year as long as i do not shake to much. I did take out some insurance on the shaking with my bow if by opening day gun season i have no deer the shotgun comes out.

Welcome good luck and be safe.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:36 PM

I thought we hunted so we can justify the time we spend on these forums? J/k

Ya man, that is what it is all about
Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hunt so i can justify the money i spend and the time i spend on here
ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

I thought we hunted so we can justify the time we spend on these forums? J/k

Ya man, that is what it is all about
Old 09-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

this will be my 3rd year bow hunting in NY and have got a deer every year so far. I bow hunted Colorado back in the 80's and when I moved to NY I didn't bow hunt for 20 years. I am so glad I picked it back up. I love the challenge bow hunting brings. The closeness you get with all of nature and itsanimals is truely amazing. I gun hunt to and have for more years than bow but I find myself looking more worward to bow than gun. Good luck this year.I still have 4 weeks to go.