Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sighting in with field tips and broadheads. >

Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Default RE: Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

oops...double posted.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:16 AM

Do yourself a favor, read OHbowhntr's posts, and don't just sight in for broadheads. That may allow you to hit where you aim, but you really want your arrows to flying as straight as possible when it hits the animal you are shooting at.

An invaluable resource is the Easton TuningGuide. IMO, it oughta be requiredreading with a test for anyone thatbuys a bowhunting tag.

http://www.thearcher.com/resourceCentre/itemDetails.cfm?itemId=2
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 AM

well with the rage 2 blade they shot just like my field points so i had no adjustments at all but i shot a grim reaper and its like i never sighted my bow in
Old 09-22-2008, 11:20 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

i have always hurd that they will hit different but mine always hit the same never had a problem with it
Old 09-22-2008, 11:20 AM

if the bow is perfectly tuned then it should not matter what BH you shoot, they should fly just like your fp. I can shoot many different heads right now and no difference. make sure you are tuned
Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Shawn Perkins

NEVER shoot your practice broadhead at an animal. use new ones
I take it you've never shot Silver Flames? Of the 4 Silver Flames that are in my quiver, I've shot 2 of them into a block target. Each of these two heads is EVERY bit as sharp as the two that weren't shot into my Block target. If I laid all four of these heads on my workbench, NOBODY- and I mean nobody would be able to pick out the two heads that hit my Block target.

So why shouldn't I use either of these two "practice" heads on an animal? They are EVERY bit as sharp as my other SFs and probably ALOT sharper than most broadheads coming straight out of the pack.

Rob
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

I take it you've never shot Silver Flames? Of the 4 Silver Flames that are in my quiver, I've shot 2 of them into a block target. Each of these two heads is EVERY bit as sharp as the two that weren't shot into my Block target. If I laid all four of these heads on my workbench, NOBODY- and I mean nobody would be able to pick out the two heads that hit my Block target.

So why shouldn't I use either of these two "practice" heads on an animal? They are EVERY bit as sharp as my other SFs and probably ALOT sharper than most broadheads coming straight out of the pack.

Rob
I think he was talkingto the other 99% of hunters that do not use Silver Flames .
Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Rob
I think he was talkingto the other 99% of hunters that do not use Silver Flames .
So not only are you Shawn Perkins' Official Spokesman, you also have access to Broadhead Utilization Statistics that not even Broadhead Manufacturers have been able to wrap their arms around and publish with any degree of confidence?

Rob
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Rob
So not only are you Shawn Perkins' Official Spokesman, you also have access to Broadhead Utilization Statistics that not even Broadhead Manufacturers have been able to wrap their arms around and publish with any degree of confidence?

Rob
Well, I figure if you can be silver flame's Official Spokesman then I can be Shawn Perkins. Oh, and I get my Broadhead Utilization Statistics from the same place you get your BroadheadSharpness Statistics.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:07 PM

it depends a lot on your broadhead wieghts too....I shoot G5's and they hit exactly where my field points hit. It can depend on the broadhead a lot. My brother uses mechanicals and has to completely readjust everything. But the G5's shoot just like the fieldtips on his bow too.

Quick Reply: Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.