Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have to Complain.... >

Have to Complain....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have to Complain....

Old 09-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have to Complain....

I say they are worth it. I got 2 one for me and one for my son. We will NOT go in the tree without them. They are FAR more comfortable than what we had and safety is ALL that HSS does. Others I have owned come loose just walking in the woods. This one stays where I put it ALL day. When I have the kind of money involved in all the other items I use for hunting I will NOT skimp on a harness.

GMMAT you haven't worn it yet this year? You can fall early season just as easy as late season. Do your family a favor and just wear it. Yes it may be warm but come on. Wear it for them.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

not sure there safer just easyer to use
ORIGINAL: il coyote

Wow, buy THAT harness...or die?????

How exactly is the HSS that much of a life-saving design over standard harnesses?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

How exactly is the HSS that much of a life-saving design over standard harnesses?
Very easy to use. If easy to use than you are more likely to wear it over one that is a pain in the ass so therefore it is safer.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

GMMAT you haven't worn it yet this year? You can fall early season just as easy as late season. Do your family a favor and just wear it. Yes it may be warm but come on. Wear it for them.
I'm guessing you didn't read my entire post.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

true except not sure compared to a normal harness that you have on it is safer. Kind like saying wearing a bike helmet that is safer because you would wear it then a normal helmet.
ORIGINAL: wihunter402

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

Very easy to use. If easy to use than you are more likely to wear it over one that is a pain in the ass so therefore it is safer.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I did and completely missed the part about wearing the strap one. Sorry about that.

As for safer yes I know what I was saying. I have been hunting with guys that would just skip wearing a harness because it was a pain to put on. Also the one that I had was one with the rings for legs straps. The straps would always come loose even just standing up and sitting back down on stand. I would have to remember to keep checking them. If they are loose I don't think it will be as safe either. I know there are others out there that don't come loose but of the ones I have seen the HSS is still the most comfortable and stays put. Hope that makes sense.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

I don't care id it can save your life, almost any kind of harness can. It should hot be that much money, what are the parts that make it add up to that much? It makes no sense, they advertise it as being comfortable and safe, but to be honest I would rather have a regular harness, it does the same job and usually comes with the deer stand... I can't spend that kind of money on a harness...
Old 09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

"What is your life worth?" seems a bit excessive don't you think? Hell, the old style straps work just fine and they are like 20-25 bucks. I did finally buy the full body dealy, but I don't see it as an absolute necessity. As long as you have some reliable safety harness that will keep you from falling you are good.