HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Have to Complain.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/263676-have-complain.html)

djs06dc5 09-17-2008 10:32 PM

RE: Have to Complain....

i have the mesh version and love it. the only thing i didn't like is the weight of it, not to heavy though. if it snags on stuff, wear it under something. and they are on sale at cabelas.

Get a prusics rope instead of the tree strap.
x2

ACPOSSETIM 09-17-2008 10:36 PM

I can't swear to it but I think insurance premiums may have a little to do with it. I hate to say it but in todays lawsuit world, all it takes is one person suing you and you are out of buisiness. That is where the TMA helps out the manufacturers but I can only imagine the insurance is awfully pricey!! Also, do you really want to cut prices on components that may save your butt?

gregrn43 09-17-2008 10:40 PM

hmmmmmmmmm worth it, a fall that could lead to death or $140 hmmmmmmmmm thats a no brainer

mikeshunk 09-18-2008 04:38 AM

Obviously my life is worth more then $140, but I think what he is saying is the price of that particular brand. You can find other brand vest type harnesses for half of what a HSS costs. I really want one, but I will just use the harness that came with my Summit climber. It is a little of a pain to put on, but for that price I will just deal with the hassle. I believe, like many products, advertising costs are part of it.

wis_bow_huntr 09-18-2008 05:01 AM

I dont think they need to be that much but hey, can you put a price tag on your life???

GMMAT 09-18-2008 05:10 AM

Yeah $79's about the norm in this area.
Not for th eone everyone wants (pro mesh).

Honestly....I waited until after the season was over a couple years ago. I picked mine up on clearance (pro mesh) for $90.

NOW is not the time.....unless you don't have one, already. To be honest.....I haven't worn mine, yet, this year. too hot (even the mesh). I've been wearing the cheap-o that came with a gorilla lock on, so far. The mesh will likely go out this weekend.

I'd say use what you have this season. Wait for them to go on sale....and be diligent in your looking. The deals will be there.

But...WEAR SOMETHING!;)

HoosierHunter79 09-18-2008 07:01 AM

has anyone actually fallen out of a stand before?

NY/Al 09-18-2008 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: HoosierHunter79

has anyone actually fallen out of a stand before?

Yes, people have fallen out of stands before....

il coyote 09-18-2008 07:08 AM

Wow, buy THAT harness...or die?????

How exactly is the HSS that much of a life-saving design over standard harnesses?

kevin1 09-18-2008 07:09 AM

You can buy harnesses just as good cheaper.