Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land? >

Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land?

Old 09-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land?

So, came home from work today to find ALL the doors locked including the garage. We live on the side of a mountain with no neighbors, so we don't lock up much. Needless to say, I was perplexed. Found out that morning, two guys attempted to break into a house about 2 miles away. The dog chased them, and they took off on their dirtbike. Local and state police followed their tracks, which led straight into our fields, because our gate that borders the township road was left open[:@] They proceeded to follow the tracks which tore through the main field, up through a logging road right into, yep the worst place imaginable, our freaking food plot! We just planted in there a month ago, and I've been keeping all of this area off limits in preparation of the season. Well these idiots tore through the field, circled the field, then cut out across our neighbors land. This all happened around 9am, so, yeah the deer were probably still in the vincinity (key word "were"). The cops couldn't get the chopper in the air because it was too foggy, but they finally got the police plane flying in the area. The cops think they may have stashed the bikes up either on our property of the neighbors (although they probably just found another way out). So, needless to say, thanks to the lowlifes of this world, our foodplot is mangled, pretty much every stand site I have got a nice police cruiser/ripping dirtbike driven through it, and we're only weeks from the opener. Great. Just wanted to vent, guys. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land?

that sucks! hope they catch the lousy pricks!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 weeks. You should be fine. Unless you walk in with lights on top of your head and sirens blaring. LOL J/K man. Sorry to hear about it but in all honesty things should calm down
Old 09-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

The deer will recover just fine in the next three weeks Matt. No fear.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

The deer just stepped aside and let the commotion pass. There is still a lot of food there. Yes it has tracks through it, but it's still there and plenty to eat unless you only had a 10x 10 food plot.[8D] I think you're being overly dramatic as to the effect. Yes it's a pain in the butt, but never the less, as I type this the deer are probably sampling your tender morsel.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't even want to know how many people have trampled through my "pristine" opening day spot by now. LOL

I know it kills the illusion of undisturbed deer for you but never fear they'll still be there, and hey you might even find a dirt bike to ride home.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks shame you did not have a trail cam on it to catch there pics
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The deer will recover just fine in the next three weeks Matt. No fear.
I agree.

Also think times are changing in a lot of our back woods homes. Maybe time to starting locking the doors?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not as much an issue of them "spooking" the deer as it is the fact that they tore up the outer perimeter of the plot where we just planted, and sunk a lot of money into. That's what bothers me. That, and the utter disrespectful white trash this area can generate to do such things.

However, I know the deer won't flee, so it is what it is, I suppose.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I feel your pain. At least there is some time for things to recover. Maybe with temporarily spooking the deer, your food plot will have time to recover? I had a similar thing happen the day before gun season. Two guys were running hounds while coon hunting on our property. When confronted while standing on a deck surrounding a 2000+ square foot house. They said that they didnt know it was private property. Gotta love the nerve of some people.[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.