Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I can' t see my sight pins! >

I can' t see my sight pins!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can' t see my sight pins!

Old 03-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Spike

Default I can' t see my sight pins!

I installed a Spot Hogg Real Deal with .019 pins on my bow this past weekend. I' m also using a no-peep and when I try to sight, the pins disappear behind the string. I played with the set up and started shooting pretty good by sighting the pins just left of the string enough that I could see. But I don' t feel comfortable doing this. I like it dead center.
I know I can
A=go to .029 pins.
B=maybe go with a crosshair sight such as the Sightmaster 200.
C=install a peep which I do not want to do.
Anyone else encounter this problem before?
Old 03-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I can' t see my sight pins!

you might try a hind sight , might work for ya
Old 03-17-2003, 01:59 PM

VA,

Simply adjust your No-peep towards the bow until the ring is seen where you like it. Remember, correct form is also about consistency. Consistently put the kisser in the same spot every time you draw and your No-peep ring should be dead center everytime unless you have torque in your grip.

Good luck and good hunting!!
jt
Old 03-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Spike

Thanks for the suggestions, but its not the no-peep and I don' t use a kisser. It' s just when I line my pins up behind the string (like I always did with a peep), they disappear behind the string.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you need to tinker with the pins and the rest--move the pins a very small amount to the left then move the rest a VERY small amount to the left.JMO.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:41 PM

You have to move your head slightly to one side of the string so the pins are not in line with it.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:51 PM

I think I know what your saying.

I too am fixing to put a no-peep on my bow in about 5 minutes from now, if I can get away from this time magnet I' m typing on.

Once I removemy peep the pins are going to line up behind the string, if I hold everything like I do now, and adjusting the sight out to compensate for the no-peep mounting under the sight mount.

With a no-peep, do you look/sight down the side of your string now? Like this kind of...( :| )

I' m scared to take my trusty peep off!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Spike

You have to move your head slightly to one side of the string so the pins are not in line with it.
That' s what I was doing this past weekend but it just didn' t feel right.
Maybe its just something I' m going to have get used to doing now with the no-peep.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:54 PM

Ok put the no-peep on but have yet to take my peep off. Just pulling back and looking through my sight window, that thing is all in the way. Tried it top. Tried it bottom. Now I have it farther then the farthest screw down on the mount. Just one screw. It is down now out of the sight window, but there is no way I' m going to get use to this. Also the spring that is suppose to hold tension against the side as I' m adjusting, seems weak.

I wore myself out dialing it in. It was like shooting 50 arrows non stop.

Anyone want to buy a new no-peep?
Old 03-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I' ve had 3 friends that tried the NO-PEEP. They have all thrown the No-Peep in the trash pile on their archery benches. They all had problems with it moving.

Quick Reply: I can' t see my sight pins!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.