Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Predator Camo- which pattern to buy? >

Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Just got a pair of insulated fall grey bibs for 49.99 usually $110 in their bargain basement I also wear evolution.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

2 more cents

Out of all of the manufacturers of open patterns, Predator by far has the most convincing ‘test photos’…. The rest don’t seem to do such a good job.. Not saying other competitors’ patterns don’t work, they just don’t convince me with their ‘test photos’.

Basically any camo works and looks convincing when your taking a picture of somebody behind foliage or 300 feet away..

At least Predator takes photos of their product in front of the foliage and branches and from a close distance.. All other ‘open pattern’ competitors have test photos with lots of foliage in front or take it at a distance where Carhartt’s would work just as fine.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:54 PM

Any of these will work for you.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:14 AM

FYI, there is no "white" in Predator Fall Gray. take a piece of white paper and hold it next to your camo and you will see a tremendous color difference.

Fall gray works extremely well on the ground as well as in the trees. these pictures show why. We all know that big game animals don't see color like we do. in their vision they greens in shades of gray just like the colors in fall gray. You can see in the pics that many of the leaves and trees actually look "brighter/lighter" than the lightest color on the fall gray pattern.

IMO fall brown may be a better pattern all around because of turkey vision, but for big game they both perform equally well.

One thing I've noticed in watching others wearing Predator or taking photos of it over the years, is that the lighter colors of the pattern will change color as the sunlight filters through the leaves. Iv'e seen fall gray and fall brown actually look like it has a green background. The natural lighting can play a huge roll in what animals see when they look at your camo. The dark blobby patterns just don't work as well.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 AM

pics

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM

pics

Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 AM

pics

Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Whitehorn

2 more cents

Out of all of the manufacturers of open patterns, Predator by far has the most convincing ‘test photos’…. The rest don’t seem to do such a good job.. Not saying other competitors’ patterns don’t work, they just don’t convince me with their ‘test photos’.

Basically any camo works and looks convincing when your taking a picture of somebody behind foliage or 300 feet away..

At least Predator takes photos of their product in front of the foliage and branches and from a close distance.. All other ‘open pattern’ competitors have test photos with lots of foliage in front or take it at a distance where Carhartt’s would work just as fine.
Have you ever seen the ASAT test photos? I have a Predator Deception Brown Fleece jacket & Predator Winter White Warp Knit Bibs and love them both. But man- you have to give props to ASAT for having a KILLER pattern that absolutely breaks up the human figure marvelously when worn in the bush- anywhere, any season.

In front of a rock faceout in the wide open

In direct sunlight next to a tree in a conifer stand

In scrub Alders / Dogwoods once leaves are down

Against a tree in the shade during early season

Can you even "see" the hunteramongst the birch/aspen & conifers in this photo?

On the ground in early season in the shade but out in the open

Rob
Old 09-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Jeff, enough with these "lies". I heard Bill Jordan say that Realtree "AP" was the most effective camo pattern ever created? Would the same man who sponsors a Nascar team, who currently makes MILLIONS by selling this "idea",and has HUNDREDS of licensing deals possibly lie to us like this?.

If any hunter can look at that last picture and honestly believe that this crap they are being sold by all these big names is true; well, then I guess keep using the blob stuff that all the "pros" use. I'm just a bowhunter who know's what works based 100% on in-the-field use, not expensive marketing campaigns!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

G-Dawg..

I like ASAT and I am not knocking the pattern, the only point I am making is that the Predator 'test shots' on their website has hunters in the photos that are much closer to the camera than ASAT or any other competitor and they are all standing in front of foliage, not behind it.. Forme that kind of marketing is more 'up front' (excuse the pun)and effective..

I am not commenting of the effectiveness of the other patterns, just the photos seem to hide more of the pattern and it should be the other way around...

Quick Reply: Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.