Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where do you all get the time???? >

Where do you all get the time????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you all get the time????

Old 03-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where do you all get the time????

I read on here all the time about post season scouting, shed hunting,spring scouting, summer scouting, pre-season scouting etc. etc and I was just wondering how you all find the time to spend this much time in the woods. For me by the time that bow season ends my honey do list is as long as my arm and by the time that I get it caught up and spend some time with the family it' s bow season again.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Where do you all get the time????

the honey do list does get in the way sometimes but you just get up ealier and work faster to make time for the woods. as far as family time-- take her to the woods with you. my wife loves to go for a walk in the woods, and at the same time i' m gettin a little scoutin in. But you do have to keep her happy #1 priority!
Old 03-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

My list goes a little different, after the season is fox hunting, then fishing, then scouting. With a mix of shooting/reloading sprinkled in. My honey-do list, despite being long, only gets a few hours of attention a month. So it stays pretty long. Its all about priorities
Old 03-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes i make my scouting a family affair. My wife and two kids love the outdoors as much as me so i just take them along with me when they want to go. I usually try to scout just after the season goes out two or three times a week for about a month and then do the same thing about a month before the season comes in which leaves plenty of time in between. After the season i look for scrapes and rubs that are still visible and food sources that are still being used. In the late summer i scout for beds and food sources and the trails leading to and from. Scouting doesn' t always require alot of leg work and can be done in a small amount of time if you know what you' re looking for. When the rut is on it' s a whole different ballgame because the bucks are very hard to pattern but i find that at this time if i' ll stick with the food sources and find the does the bucks won' t be far behind. In my experience it seems that after deer season is over and the pressure is off deer will usually get back into a pattern or routine and stay that way until they are pressured to change or the rut kicks in. Scouting is a major part of my deer hunting arsenal because i don' t think i would see or harvest the deer that i do without scouting. God Bless!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:39 AM

When I was younger and naive I used to be like you...LOL

I too used to live under the rule - you can' t go play in the woods until you finish the LIST.

You have to put your foot down and make them realize that if I don' t get into the woods taht darn list won' t EVER get done!!!![][:-]

This doesn' t work of course - but at least you feel more like a man as you wash the windows
Old 03-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with click. Keep them happy and bring them along. Alot of my gun season scouting is done during pheasant season. My wife loves to shoot the bow or go trap shooting,gets her share of pheasants, but I cant convince her to go deer hunting. She says if she can' t field dress & drag it out herself she shouldn' t have the right to shoot a deer.I told her I would help,quess I' ll have to keep on working on her.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

As with click and others, I get the family/twins involved, they love it and the wife has no problem with me doing things with the girls.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

My 7 year old son finds the time for me! He loves the outdoors and fishing! He loves " spying on deer" !!!! This makes me happy!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good question. I never see to have any time to really get to do all of the things that I would like to...especially with the little one running around all over the place.

But you find a way to make time if things are important enough for you. Taking the family with you on some outings....like spotlighting (legal in PA) in my case...is a really good example.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

For me, the honey do' s never get caught up!!! Hunting season is year-round for me!!

However, I' ve found other ways to keep the wife happy. A little cash for a shopping trip, a nice dinner out, etc., you get the picture. But the best thing I' ve found is to take the kids with me and give her peace and quiet for a time. I was out this past weekend and took my almost 2 year old for the first time. He had a blast! Had a little trouble walking in the leaves, but he enjoyed falling in them!! We were able to do alot of scouting for crossing sign on roads and trails without a problem, except that 2 year olds don' t walk quite so fast!

Quick Reply: Where do you all get the time????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.