Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lighted Nocks (Easton??) >

Lighted Nocks (Easton??)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lighted Nocks (Easton??)

Old 09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lighted Nocks (Easton??)

I have been using the Lumenocks since last year. I'm thinking about switching to a different brand because of some issues.

I use aluminum arrows and the nock has 2 metal tits that uses the arrow as a conductor to light the light. Sometimes after the impact the light goes out and has even gone out in flight.

I am interested in the Easton but know nothing about them. Any info is much appreciated.

Also at Gander the guy told me about the new ones where they are activated by passing a magnet in the riser. Whats the name and any info on them is appreciated.

Thanks to all who reply.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lighted Nocks (Easton??)

the easton tracer knocks work well. My friend shot a buck last week with one, and as we were tracking the blood trail in the dark we could see the arrow blinking and when we got to the arrow the buck was about 5 feet passed it. If you have a pass thru than it will not be as effective for tracking purposes but I was impressed.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you turn off the Easton Nock?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know that, he showed me but i forget, I plan on buying some so I will be able to tell you then
Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I use lumenocks on my target bow. for practice they are not allows for competition but the easton ones are heat shrink tubed inside and are activated when the arrow is launched the high velocity forces a magnet inside the battery unit to turn on
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Easton Tracer Nock has some issues as well, at least it did for me and a few others I've read about. For me, it didn't light every time and sometimes it lit on impact, sometimes not at all and then broke.

I sent an email rather than calling Easton and a few weeks after that I got a reply asking me to send it back and upon receiving it, they would send me a new one. I just sent the nock back yesterday.

Here's a thread with a tutorial and a follow up thread.

This one has the video turorial:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2951545&mpage=1

And the follow up thread.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2954759&mpage=1&key=Easton%2cTra cer%2cNock
Old 09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so they are activated by the force of being launched with a magnet inside the arrow.

How do you turn they off after you get your arrow?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob/Pa.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

Ok so they are activated by the force of being launched with a magnet inside the arrow.

How do you turn they off after you get your arrow?
Incorrect. They are turned on by passing past a Magnet that you attach to your shelf or riser so the arrow passes by it. After it's been shot and activated to turn it off you simply put the nock back by the magnet and it turns off. The magnet and nock are 2 seperate items.

If you did read the tracer nock thread, you'll see that of the first 2 pack that I bought, the first on failed. It was quickly replaced free of charge and they let me keep the one good one from the 2 pack. I have since shot the 3 I have hundreds of times without 1 failure. As of Now, I'm back on the bandwagon due to great Customer service (through Cabelas, NOT EASTON who's customer service STINKS!) and a product that works as advertised.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:07 PM

stay with them i tried tracers and the easton and if the chip in it gets wet it hardys works.

Quick Reply: Lighted Nocks (Easton??)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.