Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moultrie Users

Old 09-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie Users

I bought a Moultrie 6.0 camera a few weeks ago (thought I got a great deal) and have been having some issues with it. The camera takes great pictures during the first few hours of light, the last few hours of light, and night time. However, during the middle of the day (10amish-4pmish), the pictures are "washed out". Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is not an IR camera and I have the flash set to auto. It looks to me like the flash is going off during the day and "washing" the picture out. Take a look and let me know if you have seen this problem before, or if you have any ideas to try to correct it.

Thanks,

Old 09-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie Users

My Moultrie does that shortly after sunrise if pointed in to the west. I moved it where it was aiming either North or South and the problem disappeared. Now my Stealthcam I450 goes through 6 C cells in a week without taking a single picture.[:@] When it does take pics they're great, but 6 batteries per week could get quite expensive.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say you're getting reflection from the sun. Try turning it or put it up higher and aim it downwards.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a moultrie d40 and it does the exact same thing sometimes it appears to do it when i feals like it. it takes great pictures at night.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Moultrie I-40. When I first bought mine, it did the same thing. I then downloaded an update off the Moultrie website and it fixed everything. Haven't had a problem since.

Here is a link from the Moultrie Site:

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/softwareupdates/DGS-I60_Camera_Software_Update.html
Old 09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

AF Hunter-
Get the 6 volt battery, I've had mine out for a month and taken over 2000 pictures and it still has a full charge.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DROCK

I have the Moultrie I-40. When I first bought mine, it did the same thing. I then downloaded an update off the Moultrie website and it fixed everything. Haven't had a problem since.

Here is a link from the Moultrie Site:

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/softwareupdates/DGS-I60_Camera_Software_Update.html
Thats what I did too. I was having the same issues with my I 40.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

everythings been said. Although if the problem persists just send it back and they will send you a new one or fix the old one if it's still under warranty.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tip. I installed the new software and I will have the camera back out here in a few hours. I hope it took care of the problem, nothing worse than have a bunch of day time photos and you cannot see what it was. Thanks again.