Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dry fire's

Old 09-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Dry fire's

Has anyone ever experienced a slight dry fire with the new Katera or have any experience with dry fires in general. I was at a buddy's house last night and I was showing my new bow off to my brother, my step father then was looking at it and for some reason decided to pull it back....WHY? I dont know!He didnt get it all the way into the valley just about a quarter of the way and then SNAP! he dry fires it. I know, lesson learned but I checked it over for about an hour and pulled it back about hundred times and nothing obvious....anyone have any advice or suggestions becides never let anyone touch your stuff. Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dry fire's

take it to the shop and have them check it over.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

take it to the shop and have them check it over.
X2 you never know you could have missed something get it checked out
Old 09-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

get it checked out. HOYT says they dryfire every type of limb they make 1000 times to test its strength and durability. but who knows how good they really are.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Spike

even though hoyt claims that these bows with stood 1500 dryfires. Id still get it checked out.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: childers

get it checked out. HOYT says they dryfire every type of limb they make 1000 times to test its strength and durability. but who knows how good they really are.
That's not his particular limbs. Anything can happen and I've seen it happen with Hoyts as well although they can withstand a lot. There is more to a bow than limbs. Risers can bend, axles can bend, strings can snap stands though they are not visible.

Check ATA for spec, check timing, brace height etc for spec and still have a dealer look at it just to be safe. Hoyt's can take a lot but it's that one time it's better to be safe than sorry.