Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead

Old 09-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default broadhead

Well guys i just shot a doe with my new Rage 2 blade broadheads and one side opened but the other only opened half way i think, well thats wat it looked like when i found it, and the arrow only went half way threw, thats normally never a problem, So i guess my question is have any of you had this problem?? I'll see what exactly it did in a lil bit here when i go and look for it, i hit it in the arm pit and hit the opposite side shoulder and it drug its chest about 200 yards across a field... So im waiting another 20 minutes and im going to get it..
Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 AM

Default RE: broadhead

That's exactly the problem alot of people are experiencing with those BH"S
Old 09-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess that is exactly why i like the fixed 2 blades..
Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

It wouldnt surprise me. Last year I tried them. I shot at a buck and the arrow took off flying all crazy and I missed him. All I could think of was it opened in flight or hit a leaf or something even though I thought I had a clear shot. Back to the fixed blades for me. I never had a problem with them.

rick
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

If you hit the deer, both blades opened. After you find your arrow laying on the ground afterwards doesn't tell you anything how the blades are. I have never had a problem with these broadheads or all the people I know, that is why everyone is using them, they always come open.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

You can tell that only one blade opened before you went to get the deer???
Old 09-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone!

It wouldnt surprise me. Last year I tried them. I shot at a buck and the arrow took off flying all crazy and I missed him. All I could think of was it opened in flight or hit a leaf or something even though I thought I had a clear shot. Back to the fixed blades for me. I never had a problem with them.

rick
Sounds like operator error to me. If the blades are seated in the o-ring they will NOT open in flight.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

I love it when peopleb&*^% about blades on mechanicals not opening while standing over a dead deer. Dude, if it killed the deer, it did its job.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes, i went to look at the arrow, one was opened fully, the other was only half opened, when i put it on the string i made sure they were in place... I hit the deer in the arm pit which broke one shoudler, and it exited the other shoulder so both shoulders were out and it was still alive after 2 hours of letting it sit, so i had to place another one in him but this time both blades opened so it was a good day but it made me feel like crap...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I understand your frustration, that must have sucked. I've got a question for you-- did your 1/2 opened rage go through two shoulders (that's kind of what your last post suggests)? Did you get pass through? Just wondering.

Quick Reply: broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.