Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stuck between bows....for the wife, lol...  Not anymore, got one! >

Stuck between bows....for the wife, lol... Not anymore, got one!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stuck between bows....for the wife, lol... Not anymore, got one!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stuck between bows....for the wife, lol... Not anymore, got one!

As the subject reads, I'm shopping for a bow for my better half...After not being able to find a used one, I decided to go ahead and get a new one...I went to my favorite local shop and inquired to them after my shooting session. They recommended a Mathews Mustang or Ignition, as far a price (349.99 & 499.99) they could not do a whole lot with bows flowing like crazy this close to opening day. This I figured ahead of time, but they will throw in 1/2 dozen CX arrows. I've got an extra rest, sight, and stabilizer to stick on there for the time being...Keep in mind they also sell Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech and associated brands. To take my dog for an adventure we went to Gander Mountain, while there I stopped by their archery shop. They recommended a Dianomd Edge, it is fully set up minus stabilizer for 329.99... I called back to my shop & talked to the guy there I trust the most. Told him what I found (which they also sell obviously), and he still recommended spending a little extra and go with a Mathews..... I fell kinda stuck.... What do you all think?

Thanks,
R
Old 09-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stuck between bows....for the wife, lol...

have your wife shoot them both...... Im guessing the mathews is probly a little better, but Im betting he gets kick back for selling a mathews bows. My g/f just said somthing to me about shooting so I may be doing the same thing you are.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being a woman myself I'd recommend the diamond rock package from huntersfriend.com

Ihave had a very good experience in dealing with them and would recommend to buy from.

Its a very quiet bow, it shoots fast and is very light too.

I got a custom package which includes top quality accessories and I am not disappointed at all.

Hope you find something.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

RG Thanks for the heads up on The Rock...What poundage are you shooting? My wife is tiny and will need to start out in the 30-40lb range... Looking at their website they are showing 60 & 70lb limbs...
Old 09-13-2008, 07:52 PM

How much do you love your wife?

Old 09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

How much do you love your wife?

X2
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Mathews are for girls so get a mathews. They are great bows and would be very happy with the mathews.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd look into the Hoyt Trykon Sport as well.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Diamond only seams apropriate.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 AM

id go with the diamond edge. I have it and it shoots great and its super quiet. Theres a sale going on somewhere thats its only 300 bucks. but anyway i didnt know if you knew this or not but if you get a diamond and your wife needs bigger limbs sometime just take it to a bowtech shop and they can put the next set of limbs on for you you. example: 30-40 and you get 40-50 and so on. plus it only costs 45 bucks!! Lots of people havebeen getting them for theirwives and ive nothing but goodstuff about them.

Quick Reply: Stuck between bows....for the wife, lol... Not anymore, got one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.