Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Bad Opener!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:39 AM

Default A Bad Opener!

Today was the opener for the Wisconsin bow season, and man was it terrible! My buddy went out early this morning, while it was raining, he had a longer drive then me, but me, I thought it out a little.
I went to the stand and it was well before daylight, and what do ya know, i no more then sit down and it started pouring!
I can handle being a little wet, and getting soaked throughout the day...but not all at once, it gets very uncomfortable.
I came in early, but there is always this evening, and the season is very young yet.

And by the way, my buddy still hasnt made it back yet, so hopefully he gots some good news!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A Bad Opener!

Same sort of deal here in central Wisco. It was foggy and didn't really get light until maybe 6:30. Had a decent buck walk in to me from a cornfield around 8:30 (after I'd been soaked)-- nice but not a shooter. Saw a couple of does after that, then I came in. I'mhoping the weather is going to straighten up a little bit by sunday evening, they should be on the move if itrainstil then!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you and your buddy... It just started raining here, i never seen a thing this morning so hopefully tonight will be better, im sitting in a ground blind so that'll keep me dry if it keeps raining...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Good luck Wis boys!

It's raining here and since I have nothing to hunt yet, I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the football game in the rain[&o]
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 AM

yeah the rain keeps comin here, dont look like a break for awhile!! gunna check the weather channel for the good or bad news here in a sec!
hope tommarow goes good!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing worse than trying to follow a blood trail in the rain, except getting soaked and not seeing anything...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

From what I've seen, it's not going to get much better until Monday, which sucks. Looks like next weekend will be warm... stay tuned...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rain isnt going to stop me tonight... i'll be sittin in my Ameristep blind so hopefully i'll make a good shot if i get the chance
Old 09-13-2008, 02:17 PM

good luck to you then....i prob wont get out until sunday though! regardless of rain or not im gunna be out there! not hunting when ya can is like not eating when your starving!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to everyone who is getting out tonight

Quick Reply: A Bad Opener!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.