Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 JoDavies County IL >

JoDavies County IL

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

JoDavies County IL

Old 09-12-2008, 12:00 PM

Default JoDavies County IL

Deleted, solicitations are not allowed in the open forums.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: JoDavies County IL

I might have considered if I still lived in East Dubuque. But alas, a 5-6 hour long drive is too long for me to get down there as frequently as I'd like to if I'm paying that kind of moola. Good luck and good hunting.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

The rules

1. Everyone will place pin&ring on a map at the camp to indicate to others where you are hunting on property the day of the hunt no more than3 hours before daylight. All stands will be marked on the map with a pin.
2. All club members and authorized guest will abide by state laws & hunting club rules. A violation of state law will terminate your club membership Without A Refund. A violation of club rules, depending on the nature will cause a warning to be issued, suspension of hunting rights for a given number of days, or termination of your membership. A second violation will terminate your membership Without A Refund . These rules are for safety and conditions of land lease and violations will not be tolerated. All members will sign and receive a copy of these rules to acknowledge they understand the rules and the President's decision is final. If a membership is terminated for any reason, that member loses all rights to hunt, must leave the property immediately upon termination, and has 3 days to remove any personal property (campers, stands, ect.) from club property.
3. No deer drives will be permitted, unless authorized by President.
4. No Nails will be put in trees; no production timber will be damaged by cutting down or cutting top out of trees. Trimming limbs will be permitted, remember the more cover you have the better you are concealed. If not sure check with President.
5. No one will cross property lines; if in pursuit of wounded game you must have other property owners' permission. Contact President if this occurs before crossingline. Property lines are clearly marked.
6. All garbage will beremoved by the person consuming or using materials from the property after each hunt, if it is removed by the President you will be fined $50.
7. No loud mufflers are permitted in the hunting areas other than factory equipment. No loud music and so on. This is a quiethunting zone.
8.Use of 4 wheelers is acceptable (NO PLAYING). Common sense is the rule. No riding during hunting times except to get to point NEAR stand area for hunt then walk to standor to retrieve downed game. Alsoyou canput up or take down stands during non-hunting time periods. As we do want to acquaint our deer to 4 wheelers we will ride around property at times to keep them use to the activity, thereby removing the association of hunting and 4 wheelers. I have done this for years and it works well. Remember you are own your own when on the property so be careful. Do Not Drive Through Food Plots except on same trail.
9. You are expected to be in the woods before daylight for morning hunts so as not to disturb other hunters on stands in area that got there on time or you must go to an area no one is in. Same for noon and afternoon hunts. The property is set up so you can go around in most places.
10. Paying Club members Guests will be charged a fee if they hunt, There is an extra charge for any additional shooting family member unless they sit with you. Any Non-shooting guests are allowed to sit with you and camp.Family is always welcome to camp. Any authorized hunting guest approvedby President will pay a $75 fee for aone-dayhunt. Management rules apply to kills.It is suggested that you sit with or close to your guest and that they know the Rules. Illegal bucks taken by a guest are subject to fines and penalties by the club and/or the Department of Conservation.
11. Club Members are restricted to2 doe kills unless more are authorized.The ideal does to be taken should be in at least the 4+ year class. A 4 year old doe is typically around 120 pounds. Management PlanBucks are restricted to (2) 8 points aging 3+ or 4+ years with at least 15 inch spread and smallest tine on beams being 3 inches and beams outside the ears. We would prefer 18-inch spread, as this is a Mature level buck (120-150 class 5/6+ yr old). Progressive rule effect, shootone 8-points, or a 9 and so on. Any point must be at least 1" long to be counted as a legal point. NOTE: It is better to shoot a buck you will mount on the wall and save the young ones to mature. Shoot your doe's for meat. The big one will come along, as we do not put a lot of shooting pressure on the deer.
12. Register your kill in the sign in/out book. Name, weight, sex, points, age, typeweapon and place of kill. If you do not know the weight get it when you take it to have it processed. DO NOT FIELD DRESS a deer in the woods. Any remains will be buried per state law and lease agreement. We willchoose a place if this is to be done. All deer killed must be reported to the President or Vice-President.
13.All electric hook up cost will be split if you wish to participate in the usage. If you have a camper or tent we will have a place for it in our camp. A newportable toilet is used.
14. During the first week of bow season and the last two weeks of January, no guest will be allowed without the President's authorization.
15. Stands are to be back off Food plots except during bow hunting, suggested to be at least 30 yards where permissible or more. Exception being ground blinds that must be concealed with minimal cover cut in front, less cutting of brush better concealment. Any shooting house placement must be approved by President and becomes Club property. We strive not to shoot any deer in the green fields until the rut is under way.
17. Accidental shooting of deer: As things do sometimes happen, you are allowed one mistake on the management deer plan, but it is not an open opportunity.If you shoot a young buck (buck fawn, spike, 6 point, ect), it will count as one of your2 bucks for the year. If you take your time this will not happen, its better to let it walk and shoot what you know is a good deer because it is impossible to grow monster bucks when you shoot them when they are young.You will also pay the club fine to the Club President a fine of $300. If you try to hide an illegal buck, this will result in automatic termination from the club without a refund in addition to any fines.
18. Stands are placed by members all over the property. You hunt your stands only unless given permission by the owner of the stand or blind each time . If it is a good area you may have to compete for the spot. There can be other stands in the same area. The one that signs in on the spot first hunts that area. If a deer spots you on a stand you might as well move it, you have been marked. This is why we hunt way back from food plots as not to make the deer nocturnal feeders. Most all stands should be moved two times a month.
19. Safety is important here. You will wear your hunter orange when gun hunting. After you go up your stand you may remove it above 12' as state law allows. You will identify your deer and know what you are shooting before you shoot, keeping in mind where others are and where houses are. You must be at least 50 yards from any road or highway. A hunter orange hat is all that is required here. In you are in a ladder stand a safety strap is used.
20. There will be no excessivedrinking of alcohol 8 hours prior to hunting, and no drinking while hunting. Moderation is expected from everyone.
21. We have at least2 work weekends, last weekend of August and first weekend of Sept, depending on rain, everyone participates or pay an extra $100 for EACH work weekend missed. We take care of spring/summer food plots but encourage you to participate. Work days are great for learning the land.
22. Any member not renewing membership with the Club must remove all personal property (campers, gear, tree stands, ect.) from Club lands by March 15 th, . If not they become Club property per this contract with you.
23. All keys, maps or other provided materials about the land and Club will be turned back in to the President or V. President if you leave the Club. If not you will be required to pay for replacements by paying the Club $75.00 within 30 days.
25. There will be no crowding allowed. With the exception of hunting food plots, no one shall hunt within 150 yards or in line of sight of another person. If anybody is hunting around you, do not leave your stand until hunting time is over. For safety reasons, do not go walking around at any time during hunting times. Please do not touch any rubs or scrapes you might find. If the deer smells your scent on it, he will not use it again.
26. No one shall shoot a turkey off the roost. By shooting the roost, you risk wounding other turkeys and also spooking all the turkeys to where they move off the property. There are a lot of birds out there, so they are fairly easy to locate.
27. Because there is a lot of moving around while turkey hunting, please allow minimum 150-200 acres per hunter hunting depending on how many people are hunting. Before anyone begins their hunt, they should find out where others are hunting and respect their areas. We do not want 2 people calling to each other.
28. Membership suspensions, depending on the nature of the rule violation, will be a minimum of 1 weekend and no more than 30 days. Suspensions are effective immediately. If a membership is terminated for any reason, that member loses all rights to hunt, must leave the property immediately upon termination, and has 3 days to remove any personal property (campers, stands, ect.) from club property.
29. No one shall drive any vehicle (truck, ATV, ect.) through a food plot. They are expensive to plant and we do not want them destroyed. Some food plots have roads going along the side of them so please stay on the road or trail. Any person found driving through food plots will receive a suspension and/or will be fined up to $100 depending on the amount of damage the food plot received. A second violation will result in suspension for a minimum 3 weekends and/or fine up to $200 depending on the damage received.
30. These rules are subject to change with verbal notice given to club members at anytime a change becomes necessary for reasons of law, safety, Lessor requestor concern by the President of a problem. Remember we are here to have a safe and productive hunt for trophy whitetail deer and turkeys. Werarely hunt anything else during these seasons. We strive to have a safe and fun experience. If you want to shoot a big buck please follow our rules and suggestions. We cannot list every situation so the President will make a call on anything not listed in the Rules. [/align]
Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

The rules

11. Club Members are restricted to2 doe kills unless more are authorized.The ideal does to be taken should be in at least the 4+ year class. A 4 year old doe is typically around 120 pounds.

Any remains will be buried per state law and lease agreement.

A hunter orange hat is all that is required here.
This is why our DNR is purposing astupid Doe only shotgun season the 3rd week in October, because of operations like this and across ILthat limit or don't require you to shoot a Doe before a buck.

It's not a state law to bury deer remains...It IS a state law to wear a Orange vest along with a hat, I am pretty certain "leases" are notexempt from that.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 PM

The purpose of the rule set by this club is to ensure that we follow a QDM Plane set by our club. We have a good plan and require our members to follow it. As for not field dressing the deer in the hunting area and burying the remains the state dose not require it, we do. Remains left in the woods attract predators.
This is a eight member max club not an operation, we are doing our part to manage the herd in our area.

I take a doe first thing every year and only then do I take a buck and even then I only harvest a good mature buck.

Thanks for checking out my post but please ask questions before you post your opinions.

Thank You, Robert J. Woods
Old 09-12-2008, 01:14 PM

Thank you for pointing out the errors on our rules page. I have made the corrections.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice avatar

I could live with your rules, nice site also
Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 PM

Thanks Did the site my self.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stockton hunt club

The purpose of the rule set by this club is to ensure that we follow a QDM Plane set by our club. We have a good plan and require our members to follow it. As for not field dressing the deer in the hunting area and burying the remains the state dose not require it, we do. Remains left in the woods attract predators.
This is a eight member max club not an operation, we are doing our part to manage the herd in our area.

I take a doe first thing every year and only then do I take a buck and even then I only harvest a good mature buck.

Thanks for checking out my post but please ask questions before you post your opinions.

Thank You, Robert J. Woods
I understand you want to run a top notch QDM operation, I have no problem with it, it's your land, you have every right to run it as you see fit.

But as a resident of IL being force feeda number or rules and "purposed" rules governing Doe management, that manyresisdenthuntersoppose, and it's due in large part that these outfitters do not require the taking of a doe (at least you do). Most outfitters and lease operation clientsare not residents, they could care less about the rules set forth by the IDNR that effect the "normal hunter".

I had no questions about your site or rules,I was just making your "potential" clients aware that it's not a State Law to bury game as you stated, and that it IS the law to wear a minimum number of square inches of Hunter Orange reguardless of where you hunt,and that a hat alone doesn't meet that requirement.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:01 PM

I amnot doing this to make money. The simple fack is I have been pushed out by outfitters in my area and Im trying to get a group of resident hunters together to lease a large parsel of land. My son just turned 12 and I want to make sure he will have a place to hunt. About the rules page one of the other members finished them yesterday and posted them. I didnt have a chance to read them untill today I have made the corrections. I hunt I Jo Davies County and in southern IL and want nothing more then to keep doing so. Im not very fond of the orange army that invades the woods in southern so I only Bow Hunt.

Good Luck this season!

Quick Reply: JoDavies County IL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.