Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks Uncle Ted >

Thanks Uncle Ted

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks Uncle Ted

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanks Uncle Ted

I see what you're saying Paul... My point was that the people that (yes, I too readily call idiots, I agree) are going to potentially make the decisions are not being swayed one way or the other, they're already there. And I, like you, have a lot of contact with people just on the fence ('don't own a gun but aren't against it')- and in my experience they think of guys like this as a one off. They're not ready to go change laws cause of him... that's my experience anyway.

For me, I'd have him (in all his public exposure) for us rather than against us.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Look for ever dumb thing he has said , Ted has done a hundred good thing for the sport. People are trying to take this away from us. If it wasn't for Ted, who would we have in the spotlight trying to help us? No one ! ! So just remember their are a ton of good things that have been done for us, that we could have not done by ourselves.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:12 PM

speaking of ego maniacbig mouth morons, how about tred barta???what about babe winkleman???or huntley ritter???then there's the know-it-all brigade,ron spomer,chris dorsey,david morris or bob foulkrod.and we can't forget the capitolists who turn deer hunting into a cottage industry such as hank parker(c'mere deer[:'(]) bill jordan(realtree camo) david morris(tecomate food plot system) and jim shockey(numerous product endorsements).it seems like every time someone points a camera at a hunter,he turns into an idiot!!wussup witdat
Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Teds OK by me. just a little more high on life than others at times. Besides, there is nothing wrong with a rock and roll pony tail
Old 09-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like his off the wall antics, I belive he is fighting the good fight and I support him, even though he is crazy. and any one that he gives a bad impresion to about hunting is already lost anyhow.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like him. I really dont care what he shoots or when he shoots its. He really enjoys getting the kids involved in our sport especially the handicapped children. He gives them the push they need to let them know they can do anything with no limits. Not only the kids but even the handicapped adults. Im not handicapped in anway and pray that I never will be, but if the time comes, you know where ill be, still in the woods. He also fights for our rights as hunters.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

nothing wrong with someone making alittle money
ORIGINAL: 320fpsmathews

speaking of ego maniacbig mouth morons, how about tred barta???what about babe winkleman???or huntley ritter???then there's the know-it-all brigade,ron spomer,chris dorsey,david morris or bob foulkrod.and we can't forget the capitolists who turn deer hunting into a cottage industry such as hank parker(c'mere deer[:'(]) bill jordan(realtree camo) david morris(tecomate food plot system) and jim shockey(numerous product endorsements).it seems like every time someone points a camera at a hunter,he turns into an idiot!!wussup witdat
Old 09-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Raceway,
In my opinion, I think Uncle Ted is great.... but I did not realize he was available to find him while channel surfing. You see where I live I have to buy a sports package through my cable company to view the hunting shows. So I thought yeah Uncle Ted is just basically preaching to the chior. But maybe he is available to most on the satalite TV thing or something.... I do not know. The only time I see him on is whenI tune into the outdoor channel I pay extra for.
DW
Old 09-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

your right. i have the outdoor channel on my cable package. but it cost me extra. though he was at the rib america fest in indy a week or so ago wish i had the cash to make the 100 mile one way trip
ORIGINAL: NJ/PAbwhunter

Hey Raceway,
In my opinion, I think Uncle Ted is great.... but I did not realize he was available to find him while channel surfing. You see where I live I have to buy a sports package through my cable company to view the hunting shows. So I thought yeah Uncle Ted is just basically preaching to the chior. But maybe he is available to most on the satalite TV thing or something.... I do not know. The only time I see him on is whenI tune into the outdoor channel I pay extra for.
DW
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 320fpsmathews

Holy Crapolla, we almost agree 100 percent on this one. We could also throw in the most pompus one of them all, Wayne Pearson. I would leave Bill Jordan off the list. The boy started out as a hunter who's father owned the big fabric mills in Columbus. Jordan did the camo bit and was largely responsible for the booming camo business. He did that in the beginning and started filming because he had the money to do it. Shockey is OK and a balls to the wall hunter. Yes he endorses products to pay for his TV time. So do the NFL, Baseball and just about any sport going. Heck, even the nightly news does product endorsements with their broadcast.[8D]

Quick Reply: Thanks Uncle Ted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.