Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Check out my "bow shop" >

Check out my "bow shop"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check out my "bow shop"

Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Check out my "bow shop"

My project is nearly complete. Figured I would show you guys a pic of my progress so far. I am extremely pleased with how it's turning out. Next thing I want to do is build some drawers to utilize the space under the bottom shelf of the bench. I'll just put some casters on there so I can roll them out.

So what do you guys think? Anyone else want to share their "bow shops?"

Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check out my "bow shop"

Very nice. I see you have Gritty's press. How are you liking it so far? I like mine, with the exception that some of the pin holes on the bottom needed filing out to get the pin to fit.

Shop looks great, btw. Mine is nowhere near that level, because I'm only temporarily living at my parents until I can buy/build my home.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good brother, mine stays a wreck most of the time. I have to spend a day every so oftenputting it all back where it goes.....Kudo's on the shop!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Gritty's press is okay; for some things. I like to use it to serve. I used it when I went to install my strings/cables but it would not let my limbs fully relax. So I had to undo what I did and then had to use the bowmender, so the bow could fully relax. The pin holes? Yep, had the same problem.[:@] It's a decent benchtop press though.

Like I say, the bench needs some finishing touches but it's almost there. I want to find a good bow vise too. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Gritty's press is okay; for some things. I like to use it to serve. I used it when I went to install my strings/cables but it would not let my limbs fully relax. So I had to undo what I did and then had to use the bowmender, so the bow could fully relax. The pin holes? Yep, had the same problem.[:@] It's a decent benchtop press though.

Like I say, the bench needs some finishing touches but it's almost there. I want to find a good bow vise too. Thanks!
I don't want to hijack your thread too much, but do you notice the arms torquing a bit when pressing? I see you said you had an issue getting it to compress the limbs enough. I also had this issue, but after playing with pin locations, and moving the chain up one link it works, but I feel that when it pressed, it's torquing both the arms and the limbs.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:25 AM

So how does a sawzall get used in bow matinence?[8D]

Good lookin shop
Old 09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

So how does a sawzall get used in bow matinence?[8D]
For when all other tools fail
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM

So how does a sawzall get used in bow matinence?
ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I don't want to hijack your thread too much, but do you notice the arms torquing a bit when pressing? I see you said you had an issue getting it to compress the limbs enough. I also had this issue, but after playing with pin locations, and moving the chain up one link it works, but I feel that when it pressed, it's torquing both the arms and the limbs.
No, the problem I had was after I took off the strings and cables; the press would not go out far enough for my bow to completely relax the limbs. I couldn't get my bow out of the press because it still had my bow pressed.

I think I've noticed the torquing of the arms but I didn't see where my limbs were being torqued. I might have not noticed though. I use the bowmender ten times as much as I do the Gritty.

So how does a sawzall get used in bow matinence?
LOL, good question. What you're actually seeing is the "home" workshop. Its a fine line.[8D]
Old 09-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

do you have a fridge out there? lol
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: HoosierHunter79

do you have a fridge out there? lol
You don't think that opening on the left side of the bench is there because I ran out of lumber, do you? Keg-a-rator anyone?

Quick Reply: Check out my "bow shop"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.