Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sob story, plea for help. >

Sob story, plea for help.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sob story, plea for help.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Sob story, plea for help.

I was recently fired after nearly 10 years ofworking faithfully as a water guy for the city I live in. I had been putting money aside to buy my boy a nice new bow,but most of that money has been used for other needed items (school supplies etc..).
This kid works his butt off to get good grades, and is doing very well in his first year playing football, and he really deserves to be able to spend some time shooting targets with his 'ol Dad.
I guess what I'm asking is; do any of you have a youth or ladies bow you could sell me for a really fair price?
He needs about a 25" draw and at least 40lb. He won't mind what brand it is, how old it is, or even what color it is- he's a good guy and doesn't ask for much.
Thanks guys.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sob story, plea for help.

Where are you at in Illinois. I have an all carbon High Country Max Extreme. It has a one pin sight, QAD Ultra drop away rest and a brand new Winner's choice string (no arrows shot from the new string). The bow's DL is adjustable from 25"-31". It is currently set at 29" DL, 70# DW and is spitting a GT out around 280fps. I run around all over Central Illinois, we could plan a time for your boy to get it.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 AM

Wow, that's alotta bow!! What's the minimum poundage? I'm in Tuscola, but I'm not terribly busy these days, I can meet you anywhere. Can I afford it?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The min poundage is 50. All I would ask for is pay for the string and the rest and I am only asking for that because they were just put on last night. Sound fair?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

442 deer:

Send me your address. I have an almost new Doinker 5" hunter (black) and a G5 meta peep (1/4") I will send you, free of charge. If I think of anything else....I'll throw it in there, too.

This will all work out. I have confidence in our community.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:14 AM

You sir, are the MAN!! That is ABSOLUTELY fair. I'll turn my bow down to 50 after school and see if he can pull it.
Thank You!!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:16 AM

You guys absolutely ROCK!!
If the real world worked like it does in here, I'd still be working.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure where Tuscola is. I will be in Jefferson Co this Saturday hanging a few stands. I will send you a PM with my cell number and we can figure out a place to meet.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I deleted your PM when Kickin Buck told me the bow you're getting is fully outfitted. Send me your address, again. Seems you need a quiver, now....and I happen to have one lying around.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

I've gotta make a stop by the archery shop today after work, if you need anything else send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for ya. My Dad lost his job once after 14 yrs of dedicated service and the Lord blessed him so I understand where you are coming from.

Quick Reply: Sob story, plea for help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.