Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOT A BEAR!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM

Default GOT A BEAR!

Shot this on Monday. Story to follow.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: GOT A BEAR!

Phase bear! NICE!

How big? Hard to tell with that pic
Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 AM

Monday was my 4th. day hunting here in Colorado. Here we can't use dogs or bait for bear but we can hunt over a carcass legally. I have tags for elk, deer and bear. My plan was to concentrate on deer, any deer, and then sit over the gut pile for a bear. I got close on deer several times as I used a fawn bleat call. In the 4 days, I called in 8 different does but couldn't get one on the ground. Then I set up to call about 4 PM on Monday. I saw something sneaking through the woods that was a little too lightly colored for a deer. This bear came from 100 yards to about 60 and then stopped. It started to go back so I called again and it came on a string to about 30 yds. and stopped again. Again, it stopped, waited a minute and then started to turn around. I let out a "fawn is dying" wail and this time it didn't stop. It was foaming at the mouth and grunting as it came, and came, and came some more. At about 20 yds. I drew back and followed the deer as it got closer and closer. Itfinally stopped 3 yds. from my feet. It was facing me so I shot it right between the neck and the shoulder. The 650 gr. arrow with 2 blade Zwickey BH buried to the fletching. I found out later that it busted a hole through the edge of the shoulder blade as it went in and the BH came out the off side about in the middle of the bear. It ran for no more than 3 seconds and made it all of 20 yds. before crashing against this log. The BH took out several major arteries right on top of the heart and the off-side lung. This is by far, the most exciting hunt of my 25 year hunting career.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM

It's not as big as this picture makes it look. I guessed its weight at about 150#, a medium sized bear for around here, but beautiful coloring.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW...i think i would of had to change my shorts after that.....Congrats on a great hunt and a beauty bear!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story, great BEAR!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: grndhntr

Shot this on Monday. Story to follow.

First nice job and congrats

Second that is an intersting pose It looks well, Kinky[:-]
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great bear. Interesting story.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

awesome story!!! congrats..I got a black bear with the bow back in 2000 so I know how it feels to have your heart pound out of your chest

Quick Reply: GOT A BEAR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.