Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Our Minnesota Bear Hunt (Very long read) >

Our Minnesota Bear Hunt (Very long read)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Our Minnesota Bear Hunt (Very long read)

Old 09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Our Minnesota Bear Hunt (Very long read)

Good story Schultzy, it's too bad you didn't get one, but that's why they call it hunting
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM

This is an awesome sequence of pics....am i the only one that finds it amazing to have a trail cam pic of a bear the bait with the hunter on stand in the background looking down? That is just AWESOME.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Site Buck Guru

Too bad you didn't connect (anyone for that matter). At least you were doing something you love with good friends and relatives. It don't get any better than that!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great story bro and pics bro!!! Thats why we call it hunting not killing, sounds like all had a great time!! Walt
Thanks bud!! You hit the nail on the head there Walt!!

Great read Steve and the memories of the season, and the work and fun that came out of it will last just as long as the Trophy mount that eluded you, and make next years success twice as sweet!
Your so right there Bob! A hunter doesn't always got to be successful to have a good time hunting. If a person does I think there in it for the wrong reasons and are really missing out.

Thanks for the reply!

I thought it was awefull quiet around here.
Smart ass!!

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

Is there a cliff note version of this story available, it looks intersting, almost enough so to read it.
-tough work
-big bears
-Draw...run Draw...run
-Dang!
-holy crap whats that behind me
-load chamber..walk quickly out!
- Wait'll next year
Now this Is some funny stuff right here!! I really should show him this but I think he'd get a little ticked at me.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is an awesome sequence of pics....am i the only one that finds it amazing to have a trail cam pic of a bear the bait with the hunter on stand in the background looking down? That is just AWESOME.
It's good to see someone caught that Trever! We didn't set the camera's up that way either. It just happened to work out that way on this particular stand.

Too bad you didn't connect (anyone for that matter). At least you were doing something you love with good friends and relatives. It don't get any better than that!
You nailed It there Greg!! Your whole post says It all.

Thanks for the replys everyone. I hope next year I can get my brother set up again so he can finish what he started. I'm still feeling for the guy. But I guess thats why Its called hunting and not getting, that's how it goes sometimes.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome story Schultzy. You may have to live vicariosly through some of your friends. I have another month or so. There are still a tonne of berries in the woods so we haven't even put out the cams yet. I've gone in 3 times to check my baits and they have hardly been touched. I mean the bears are hitting them but not frequently enuf to hunt the set. I guess I'm like your Dad, in that I have more time to hunt.
Anyways sounds like you and your family had a blast. Thats why I hunt. Good times with family and friends. There is always next yr. Maybe a spring hunt in your future
Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe a spring hunt in your future
We will do that one of these years bud!!!

Good luck my friend!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great trail cam pics of some Awesome Bears Steve. The story was great, really enjoyed it.
Looks like everyone is having the same problem this year, to much mast to compete with, around here the choke cherries are loaded and the bears are on them big time.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Bear pictures!
Sounds like fun too me...
Sorry to hear Boo-Boo & Yogi got away, but you still have a nice documented hunt for your record books that you can read for many years.
You can pass them along to your little girl!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Man, sorry you guys didn't get one down, but sounds like a great time anyway. That's cool you get to share those times with your family.

Quick Reply: Our Minnesota Bear Hunt (Very long read)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.