Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you hunt in the rain? >

Do you hunt in the rain?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you hunt in the rain?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you hunt in the rain?

if its a slow ran im going to sit and wait. See a lot of deer in a slow drizzle. If its down pouring ill wait for a bit but if it doesnt slow then ill either leave or try stalking depending on my mood. but i always want to be on stand as soon as that rain lets up, a lot of success right after a heavey down pour.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 PM

Put on the River's West and hunt the alder patches on the lee side of the mountain. The critters are still out there whether it's raining or not. Then again... this is supposed to be "fun" isn't it?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Then again... this is supposed to be "fun" isn't it?
My thoughts exactly. Hunting for me is more about the relaxing, fun aspect...less about filling my tag. Sitting in a tree when it is storming is not my idea of fun. Light rain, no problem. But heavy rain and/or lightning...nope. On those days, I'm far better off taking care of the honey-do list.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like I mght be hunting in the rain this Saturday. I waited all year and am not letting a little water stop me.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Not usually. I watch the weather religiously the night before and the first thing when I get up if I'm going bow hunting. A fine mist or light shower that promises to quit soon around daylight, I'll go. I'll carry the rain gear and or and umbrella. If it's a hard rain or a steady soaker, it's just not worth it. Blood is hard enough to follow as it is sometimes. I don't need rain washing it away. If I'm out of state on a limited schedule I'll probably go but shorten my ranges a bit so everything I shoot is within slam dunk range(20 and under)
Old 09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will hunt in the rain, just not too ridiculous. i just never see them when it rains. and i probably get atleast 15 hours a season hunting in the rain!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind some rain, but when the lightning starts up I'm out of there.

There's nothing like sitting in a tree with lightning striking all around you (here's your sign)
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in a ground blind. As long as there is no lightning i'm going out.
I've seen many deer in some pretty heavy rain.
And talk about a good sleep. Nice comfy chair, rain hittin the top of the blind. life is good
Old 09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will, but if it starts lightning, I am out of there.[8D]
Old 09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will say it before i will say it again it is just water...you take a shower every day right. and anyway deer live in it if they are hungry they will eat just like you
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Do you hunt in the rain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.