Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews advertisement??? >

Mathews advertisement???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews advertisement???

Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Default Mathews advertisement???

So i was reading in the North american hunter magazine and i saw an advertisement for mathews bows...it said they has like a hundred and somthin first places and like hoyt had a few and pse had a few and bowtech and some others had none...is this tru? is mathews as good as they say they are? also i saw a poll for what you think the best bows are and bowtech got the majority.....so what do you guys think? fact: mathews is that good? or fiction: advertising holks...?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mathews advertisement???

Mathews just pays a whole lot more shooters than any other bow company.

If the were showing you the big picture they would list how many are on the Mathews pay roll vs. how many are on the others pay roll.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Deerhunter_515

So i was reading in the North american hunter magazine and i saw an advertisement for mathews bows...it said they has like a hundred and somthin first places and like hoyt had a few and pse had a few and bowtech and some others had none...is this tru? is mathews as good as they say they are? also i saw a poll for what you think the best bows are and bowtech got the majority.....so what do you guys think? fact: mathews is that good? or fiction: advertising holks...?
No, they have bought all the top pros and pay out the most when their pros win. Pros go with Mathews for the money. All those top finishes have been bought and paid for.

I have a buddy that was semi pro, he shoots Darton, loves Darton, preaches Darton. I saw him shooting with a Mathews and I jumped him, his comment, "Hey, I'm winning I might as well get paid for it" and then he whispered to me, but my bread and butter is my Darton.

Mathew make fantastic bows but don't let the "pros" whom shoot their bows fool ya. Those guys would win with whatever bow they are shooting with, they shoot Mathews for the money.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

They also are giving you the numbers from all pro classes and they have a boatload of shooters in all classes.

Just depends on how they want to spin the advertisement.

FOR EXAMPLE.Hoyt has 88 victories to there 47 from 2003 - 2007

Based on the Mens Pro class in FITA,NFAA,NAA,IBO and ASA