Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The new OL Man treestands? >

The new OL Man treestands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The new OL Man treestands?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default The new OL Man treestands?

Just curious if anyone has tried the newer models. In my area they used to be very popular. If I understand correctly they are now manufactured in China.....I'm not real keen on that. Reason I ask is a dealer has the new aluminum Ol Man Pro model on Ebay. Price can't be beat. Weight says 17 lbs. Seems like a good deal to me.

I am a Lone Wolf guy but thought about buying one for my son to use or me occasionally. It wouldn't be getting a lot of use. I know Rob really likes his Ol Man climbing stands, but I think he has a couple of the original models which were made in the U.S. I believe. Anybody experienced with the new OL Man stands?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The new OL Man treestands?

Sorry, Greg... I'd wonder about the mesh grating and how long before it popped, but if the price was right?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM

it looks like one of the gorilla stands to me(not sure what an ol man treestand looks like). i have the gorilla that has mesh and it's lasted 5 years so far. not even one rip or tear, i love it when i have to change spots.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hate the vibrating"ting" sound when you accidentallyrub yourfoot wrong across the top of the expanded steel or aluminum grating.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:27 PM

I have a new version Ol' Man ladder stand. It is easily my most comfortable stand, I love the netting. It's lightweight, as far as ladder stands go.

It's my favorite stand I own.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Sorry, Greg... I'd wonder about the mesh grating and how long before it popped, but if the price was right?
Been using mine for over 10 years and it's solid as the day it was made. I use it very, very hard.

Of course like mentioned, it's an original model made in the good ole USA!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TOFARSOUTH

it looks like one of the gorilla stands to me(not sure what an ol man treestand looks like). i have the gorilla that has mesh and it's lasted 5 years so far. not even one rip or tear, i love it when i have to change spots.
Gorilla imitated the Ol'man line. I think they were going to buy Ol'man out or something but they are similiar but my Ol'man is made slightly better, at least then.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

It seems like treestand companies struggle to stay in business. To bad, since some in the past have been good..

I still have some Oak Tree stands that were made in 1995-1996 and went out business in a hurry. Now I am a Lone Wolf Treestand lover...and in the event something happens, I am stocking up on some.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I hate the vibrating"ting" sound when you accidentallyrub yourfoot wrong across the top of the expanded steel or aluminum grating.
Never once in 10 years have I ever heard my Ol'man make a sound.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I may buy one, not sure yet but at $149 plus $15 shipping the price is right.

Quick Reply: The new OL Man treestands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.