Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Standing vs. sitting >

Standing vs. sitting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Standing vs. sitting

Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Standing vs. sitting

A friend of mine swears by sittingdown inthe stand while shooting. He practices standing and sitting about 50-50. He likes it because you don't have to worry about noise, movement, ect.. I've never done it just because it's never felt that comfortable to me.

Whoout there does what? What are some of the pros and cons that you have found with both?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Standing vs. sitting

Depends for me. I do a lot of ground hunting so sometimes everything has to be from the seat. In stand it depends on the tree, If I don't have a lot of cover around me for whatever reason I'll likely be sitting most of the time and plan on standing when the critter's view is blocked.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

I probably shoot from a sitting position 90% of the time and always position my stand in a way that will allow me to do so.

If needed I stand for the shot.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have killed deer, both sitting and standing.When making a shot from the sitting position, it all but forces you to bend at the waist.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I've never killed one sitting down....but I hope to this year. I KNOW I move less when I'm sitting v. standing.....but I've never (to my knowledge) been busted trying to get to a standing position to shoot.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually try to stand as much as possible. In the evening hunts, which is when I get to hunt the most, the last hour of light is standing no matter what.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

95% of the 50+ animals I have taken have been sitting in the stand. Ihave always felt likeit is less movement when the time comes to get the shot. I also have stands that allow for this, they are designed to be hunted this way. I have a couple of the lightweight jobbies that don't swivel (with the small seat)and I have had to stand a couple of times using them as a shot sitting was not possible.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cooter144

I probably shoot from a sitting position 90% of the time and always position my stand in a way that will allow me to do so.

If needed I stand for the shot.
Ditto for me.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If im sitting it means the action is dead.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually stand to shoot. I really don't feel comfortable shooting while i'msitting down.

Quick Reply: Standing vs. sitting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.