Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you know who your CO is? >

Do you know who your CO is?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you know who your CO is?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Do you know who your CO is?

It may seem trivial to many....but I've become good friends with my local GW, here.

I'd suggest to everyone to at least know who your local conservation officer is....and get his contact information. Chris and I talk about 3-5 times per season just about "hunting" and "regs". They're a great resource for anything you might (or someone else might) find "questionable". I've dererred to him about questions that have come up, here (a good example was getting into my tree in the wee hours of the morning....and if that broke any game laws, or not). I've also called him from a tree.

Just a suggestion.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you know who your CO is?

Good for you, but ours is a total prick, and there is pretty much no scenario where I would intentionally talk to him. I agree, they CAN be a resource if you find one that still thinks they are human too.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 AM

Yeah, I have two GW's contact numbers on me. You're right, its a good thing to have handy.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do and I'm not the best of friends with him [:@]. I've notified him for about the last 10 years about a known poacher around the land I hunt. Given him names, addresses, license plate #'s, make and model of vehicles, roads he poaches on, lands he hunts on, time of day he shoots from the road, times of nights he spotlights and shoots from the road, where he takes the deer to butcher them, where he gets his taxidermy done, etc... I can't hand the guy more of a slam dunk case and he doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything about it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah good advice, I am neighbors with mine so I didn't have to look too hard.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 AM

I grew up with our local game officer and you are right, they are a great resource.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

NY...

Ever thought about going up the food chain? I would.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sad to say but I believe I would walk the othere way if I saw him while I was hunting. I am not really sure why because I don't think I am breaking the law.. But I did use a screw in tree step and cleared a couple of lanes.
Maybe it was the time a power hungry GW kept me sitting around for an hour cause I hadn't signed my license.
I guess if you feel guilty you probably are.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plus I'm a lousy kiss ass....
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY...

Ever thought about going up the food chain? I would.
Actually..... not sure why but no I haven't lol. I guess it can't hurt anything.

What really sucks is this area holds some BIG bucks. I have permission on 500 acres of it. I dont' hunt it one tenth of what I'd like to because this slob is whacking everything around there illegally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.