Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thats it- I've had it- Its time to get dirty.

ORIGINAL: BuckRogers

You know my dad and I have made 2 stands out of lumber that are permenantly attached to a tree. That way the worse thing they can do is hunt out of them. Also they are a lot safer than other types of deer stands. Maybe you should look into building some.
Do you have any pic's? I want to make some for next year. I hadn't heard wood tho.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I truly enjoy hunting deer more than about anything.

But I will never allow a passion of mine to become something that is life and death.
Booby trapping is exactly that even with influencial protection from legal ramification, I could not live with myself.

Steve
Old 09-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand all you guys saying be careful trying to hurt someone...but what about the victim>? Droptine. Too many times these days society is worried we are being too hard on individuals who act like total scum. Maybe if the legal system turned a blind eye a few times when idiot thieves had their legs broken, then people would stop doing stuff like droptine listed...those guys deserve to get their arms broken.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I understand all you guys saying be careful trying to hurt someone...but what about the victim>? Droptine. Too many times these days society is worried we are being too hard on individuals who act like total scum. Maybe if the legal system turned a blind eye a few times when idiot thieves had their legs broken, then people would stop doing stuff like droptine listed...those guys deserve to get their arms broken.
I'm with you on this. My area has waaay too many liberal judges and DAs that let people get off with the least amount of punishment. We have people driving around in my hometown with 5+ DUI/OWI - people that should have been behind bars for several years but are instead causing accidents and injuring people. I wish that these problems were limited to drunks, but they're only the tip of a very large iceberg...

I'm with DT on this - sometimes people need to learn things the hard way. And I have every confidence that he knows what he's doing and how much harm his setup will cause to any intruder. Not to mention that it seems local law enforcement hasn't been very effective from the beginning.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

The common thread here always seems to be Mr. Droptine asserting ownership or superior right to land, and/or utilizing heavy-handed tactics to drive out all competition.

Dude seriously. I'd lay a hefty wager that a lot of these "trespassers" have been hunting those lands since you were playing with Ninja Turtles. You'd be MUCH further ahead if you'd just learn to get along with people. Just my view from the peanut gallery.

You reap what you sow.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

There are laws (and law enforcement agencies)in place to handle trespassing.

We ARE talking about DEER, here. DEER. Before you say that isn't the point......would you be going to these measures if they were trrespassing in February to hunt squirrels?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

5 years ago or so I went out to do some last minute checking on everything a few days before the season opened. Went back out on opening day and all 8 of my setups (some ladder stands, tripod and hang ons) were GONE!! We knew who did it but never could really prove it. Let's just say we met up with them one day and had an "in depth" discussion about it. Hasnt' been a problem since.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

There are laws (and law enforcement agencies)in place to handle trespassing.

We ARE talking about DEER, here. DEER. Before you say that isn't the point......would you be going to these measures if they were trrespassing in February to hunt squirrels?
Would you throw a fit if someone stepped a few yards onto your land to retrieve a downed deer Just a thought. I do agree with you though, their are agencies that are supposed to handle these matters. From what I've gathered reading the posts however, it seems that this is a recurring problem and one that the different handling-agencies are aware of. If they aren't doing anything to help him out - aren't they part of the problem?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I had a Cudde stolen from my landowners backyard this year! How do you think that made me feel? Took the wind right out of my balls![:@]
Old 09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

In the overall scheme of life.....what these guys are doing is probably well down the list of the law enforcement agency's agenda. Let's be real, here.....they are NEVER going to catch them all....all the time. I've got a local problem with paochers/trespassers....and I've learned it's just GONNA continue to happen. Period. Best I can hope for is to thwart it "some". I don't really expect the sheriff to post a man in the woods I hunt 24/7/365. Not practical.

Does it suck? Yeah. Can it be eliminated? No. Do we become vigilanties because of it????????? Where does it end? Someone being hurt? Killed?

And again I ask.....

Over what? A DEER?????????????????????

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.