Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 safety harness reminder >

safety harness reminder

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

safety harness reminder

Old 09-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Spike

Default safety harness reminder

i know its probably been posted many times before but i will post it again anyway -

please put on a safety harness while in your stands -

the man that gave me my first bow and taught me to use it lost his life last year when the top part of his climber broke -

he was like a second father to me ! as this season approaches its been hitting me pretty hard - this will be the first full season hunting without him -

i miss him and his laugh and the absolute love he had for the outdoors ! he brought me into the bowhunting world and i have been hooked since !

it will never be the same going into the woods without him - congratulating eachother when we got a deer . even at 65 he was like a kid waiting for christmas to come when archery season approached -

i miss you bill more then words can express -- tears will fall when i climb up the tree that first day knowing your not 100 yards away climbing one yourself!! never got a chance to tell you that i love you ! took for granted you would be there -

so please everyone take that extra couple of minutes to buckleup and stay safe

sincerely
scott [/align]
Old 09-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: safety harness reminder

Amen....last year was the first year I had used a harness regularly since I started using treestands 8 or so years ago. When I was 15-16 I started using climbers regularly and still do....I feel very lucky that I never had a fall or anything happen to me over those years without a harness. Last year I used a harness off and on..this year I just purchased a seat o pants harness and I won't be in a tree this year without a harness.