Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Locking Scent-Lok in Question????? >

Locking Scent-Lok in Question?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Locking Scent-Lok in Question?????

Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Locking Scent-Lok in Question?????

I just bought a pair of Scent-Lok savanna ext pants and a Scent-Lok savanna ext mock turtleneck for bowhunting because they are comfortable lightweight and scent controlling. Even though i havent used them should i still wash them with scent killing laundry detergent.

Please help

Thanks
Colten
Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Locking Scent-Lok in Question?????

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

You will have to activate the suite, by putting in a dryer for about 40 minuets. If you look at the tags it should have directions on it or go to scentlok.com and it’s on there.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would, but wash it sparingly from then on. Couple things I do, one is I put the suit in the dryer and remove it hot, put it right in it's bag with clean hands. Second is I don't wash mine more than once a year. They're good for about 20 washings, a billion dryer cycles. I wear them when I have too, not before or after.

The instructions remind me of a test I took once where the instructor mumbled "you wont be penelized for a wrong answer". In other words, don't leve anyquestions unanswered. I did well on that one even though I guessed a lot.Scent loks instruction are like that. If the dryer gets rid of the stink and washing kills the garment... you take it from there.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

After "activating" the suit, leave it in an air tight bag. Don't take it outuntill you are out of your truck where you are hunting.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Spike

I'm new with scent-lok this year also. Purchased the bibs and shirt of early season and the fleece coveralls for colder weather. Should you put the gloves and ultimate-headcover in the dryer as well? I understand that its designed to block scent from your body through the carbon lining but what about odors that you might get on the outside? Guess i'm getting at this - should you wash it first the night before you wear it into the field for the very first time? Wash gloves and headcover too, or should I just put it all in the dryer with an earth scent dryer sheet?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Fork Horn

i just bought the savanna bomber jacket and 6 pocketpants. all i will do is throw them in the dryer for 40 min. on opening morning.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 AM
Fork Horn

Do not use scented dryer sheets. The carbon will "soak" up that scent. The whole dryer process is to break down the odors already on the clothing. Leaving more room for new odors to be caught. I usually throw mine in the dryer every other hunt. If I sweat real bad or get them dirty I wash and then dry them. I bought some of those huge ziplock bags for storage.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 AM

Only wash your Scent-Lok when they are dirty with mud or dirt. Washing them brakes down the carbon.
I wash mine once a year. But them in the dryer as much as you wont. I have two suites I use on long trips
were I dont have a dryer. If I have one I would throw it in every other day.
Since you just bought your suit all you need to do is throw it in the dryer for about 40-45 min and your ready to go.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:11 AM

Yes, Wash the suit before using it. During production, it's being touched,bagged,boxed by workers.
Wash it to remove scent from the outer fabric.
When you activate it. Make sure you clean out your lint screen. I spray the screen w/ scent killer.
Also, wipe out the dryer drum w/ scent killer. Scented dryer sheets leave a residue. You need to get rid of it.
Yes, remove the suit HOT and put it in a scent pfoof bag. Just make sure it's completely dry. The headcover and gloves need the same treatment.
I always have a couple headcovers bc your breath will use up the carbon faster than the rest of the suit.
The suit is good for about 40 hours of use. The headcover about 30 hours.
Repeat the activation process as often as you want.
If you sweat a lot in warmer weather, reactivate the suit a little more often.

Quick Reply: Locking Scent-Lok in Question?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.