Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So what do you do with your feet? >

So what do you do with your feet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So what do you do with your feet?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default So what do you do with your feet?

I have read (dont remember where) that our feet contain thousands of bacteria. Do you do anything with your feet as far as scent control or do you just wash them and stick them in a rubber boot?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So what do you do with your feet?

I soak my feet in epsom salts for one full hour before heading out the door. I read somewhere that the Shoshoni indians used natural salts from salt deposits to create a scent-free footbath, which they utilized to combat odor-causing bacteria.

Also, I use anti-biotics all season. As you know, anti-biotics are specifically-designed to kill bacteria.

I use a mortar and pestle to mash up some anti-biotics into powder form. Then, I put the powder inside of a bread sack. I put my naked foot inside the breadsack, then shake it around a bit to get good coverage.Then, Iputmy huntingsocks overtop, which holds the bread sack and crushed medication in place. I just wear them like that.

If you're still having trouble with foot odor, try mashing up some chlorophyll tablets and putting them in your socks, as well.

Clorox and gasoline are also very effective in killing bacteria, so you may want to consider those products as a footbath as well, if the epsom salts are ineffective.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I soak my feet in epsom salts for one full hour before heading out the door. I read somewhere that the Shoshoni indians used natural salts from salt deposits to create a scent-free footbath, which they utilized to combat odor-causing bacteria.

Also, I use anti-biotics all season. As you know, anti-biotics are specifically-designed to kill bacteria.

I use a mortar and pestle to mash up some anti-biotics into powder form. Then, I put the powder inside of a bread sack. I put my naked foot inside the breadsack, then shake it around a bit to get good coverage.Then, Iputmy huntingsocks overtop, which holds the bread sack and crushed medication in place. I just wear them like that.

If you're still having trouble with foot odor, try mashing up some chlorophyll tablets and putting them in your socks, as well.

Clorox and gasoline are also very effective in killing bacteria, so you may want to consider those products as a footbath as well, if the epsom salts are ineffective.
I do the same thing....only soak mine for only 30 minutes. I'm vowing to do better, this year.

The algonquins usedto say....."shomamsa Honovi".....which means...."he with arrid ground wings takes mystical horned traveler". It's inscribed on my bow, now.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

wash,spray em down,use the scent away powder/baking sodaon my socks/boots
Old 09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spray a no-scent anti perspirant on the feet
Old 09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hhahahahaha, that is hilarious.. I love it..

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Wow! man you must really stink, ofcourse thats hardly surprising since your a BUTTHOLE.....

HAHAHAHAHA now thats funny right there........
Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Get a pair of X-Scent socks........you'll be amazed.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wash my feet with a no-scent soap....then I place my feet in socks that have been washed with scent-free detergent...simple for me.

Quick Reply: So what do you do with your feet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.