Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Smoking and Bowhunting >

Smoking and Bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smoking and Bowhunting

Old 09-04-2008, 03:03 PM

Default Smoking and Bowhunting

If I've got a rifle with a scope, I smoke sparingly, and have always filled my tags. But as this is my first season bowhunting, and the season is about to start, I keep realizing that getting deer extremely close to me is posing many different problems. It seems like I am re-learning how to hunt all over again!
If you have no frame of reference, please do not vote.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Smoking and Bowhunting

I smoke, I'm 25 foot up in my stands. Deer don't seemed to be alarmed, I have them under my stands all the time.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Very rarely will I smoke in a stand, just feel it goes against all the effort I go through to become scent free. Will cheat once and a while depending on the set up, but as a general rule I try hard not to.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Depends on the wind? I do when wind and set up will allow me to. Never had a problem.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad has smoked in his blind before, but that is not a practice I would condone.

Why risk it?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always love when guys say heck I have killed deer every year while I smoke, quetion is what big bucks didn't you see because you were smoking.. Heck you could pour a gallon of perfume on and still just kill deer.. Walt
Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Heck you could pour a gallon of perfume on and still just kill deer.. Walt
You know from experience?

My father smokes his Blackstone Cherry cigars while hunting - I don't smoke and I do generally have better luck than him though.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

I have rifle hunted for 20 years and smoked most of them and was sucessful. For the past year I have decided to practice up on bowhunting and give it a try.

It drove me to quit smoking due to needing to get in close. Don't know if it will make a difference or not but "THANKS BOWHUNTING" I have quit because of it.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM

I was actually thinking about that, that it might motivate me to finally kick the habit
Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know I should mind my own business as I'm not a smoker and I view smoking as a weakness in people. I can't imagine starting and can't even imagine smoking in a stand. Question for you smokers, are you so bit by the cigarette that you cannot even forgo one in the stand?

I've seen too many people die an early death because of that little cigarette. Good luck to you guys.

Quick Reply: Smoking and Bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.