Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gotta haves for 08-09 >

Gotta haves for 08-09

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta haves for 08-09

Old 09-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default Gotta haves for 08-09

Just wondering if you have purchased a new product for this bow season that will definitely make your hunt better or easier. It may should be questioned later in the season, but is there something you are using this fall that you think will really make any aspect of hunting easier or better? I'm just wondering because with the technology, stuff is always changing.

Chris
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gotta haves for 08-09

Just the opposite of technology for me. It won't be easier but it may be better.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:10 AM

I bought a set of ladder sticks. We only had to ladder stands, and then a regular hang-on stand - but we never had any way to use the hang-on because screw in steps are a illegal on public land. So I bought some sticks instead, now my father and I can both hunt without having to be right on top of each other for help with one of the ladder stands (a buddy stand, weighs more than both of us combined!).
Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 AM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Just the opposite of technology for me. It won't be easier but it may be better.

Very pretty. Make? Model? I really want to bust into trad next year. I was planning on doing it this year, but never quite had the funds to get started
Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Very pretty. Make? Model? I really want to bust into trad next year. I was planning on doing it this year, but never quite had the funds to get started
Kanga Custom. Specs are in my signature. The bowyer is Russ Barbour, his HNI user name is Kanga. Very nice shooting bows at very reasonable prices for a custom. Check him out in the Trad forum.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too bought climbing sticks. Hopefully ill be able to move into alot of the areas that dont have trees suitable for my climbing stand, but at the same time be mobile in that area. Time will tell if it will pay off.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 nu2me hang on stands with climbing sticks and a 13' tripod that picked up for a dime.
other than that everything will stay the same.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I switched to target type releases for the hunting season. I think I'm more accurate with them. I also switched to 60#'s draw. We'll see.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really dont need anything except for the season to open up. Got a new trail cam and one new stand. Nothing special.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Climbing sticks. Switched most of my stands to hang-ons. Now shooting a target release as well. Shooting a new 101st, and lighter poundage than I have in a long time.

Quick Reply: Gotta haves for 08-09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.