Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bring blind in or leave out? >

Bring blind in or leave out?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bring blind in or leave out?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bring blind in or leave out?

I am going to be purchasing a blind in the next couple of weeks and I am trying to gather all the informationI possibly can. Just curious how the majority of people here use there blind and why? What has and hasn't worked for you? and any tips that could help me out!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bring blind in or leave out?

never use a blind bow hunting but when i gun hunt i leave it there for a couple of days and then hunt it
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whether it matters or not, I've always thought letting the deer get use to the blind is better than just popping it up and hoping for luck. Although, I've done it and did see deer.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 1 I put out for the whole season. Private land. I just blend it in and let it set. And if I decide to move it during the year, then its scented like the surroundings which is a bonus. I've had deer within 10 yards not even know I was there. So I would say you can easily bowhunt from a blind. 1 tip though. If the blind doesn't have a bottom clear all weeds, sticks or whatever else is in there out 1st thing. Slight noises send them running.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I normally do like Mottz does, I justset mine up in earlyAugust and it will stay there all season unless I need to be mobile and then like Mottz said it will smell like the surroundings if I do need to move it. I ALWAYS brush mine in good even if I am just going to hunt it for one day!!!!!! I normally clear all the brush that is growing with a machette then set it up, then rake all the leaves to the edges of the blind, kinda like a cover scent if the air escapes from around the bottom of the blind. I also set it up expecting a wind in my face and leave the back of the blind completly closed up to help with scent control too!!!! Good luck and happy hunting!!!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would put it out at least a week before the season starts.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

either one will work. Do whichever you feel more comfortable with. Personally I would be scared to leave mine out too long where I hunt. I got stuff constantly getting stolen!

rick

Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't put mine up early..The gate doesn't open till the first day..Once it's there ..I'll lock her up out there..until I move.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a pop-up in the woods at the back of my property that I leave up year round, but I've set one up and hunted from it same day many times, it depends on the cover and how well you conceal it.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

I appreciate the good advice! Is there anything else that I need to consider before I purchase a blind? I am looking at the Ameristep Doghouse blind to start out with. I will be bowhunting out of it and taking my wife with me. Thanks

Quick Reply: Bring blind in or leave out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.