Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wear your Harness or Vest- I just fell !

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Thanks everyone. I'M GLAD that I'm alright, too

I'd better kill a monster out of that stand this year. I LOVE that area, too.
Now that you stunk it up by bleeding all over ......................

Glad to hear you are OK.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

well glad your ok.. hope people think twice about wearing them lovely life saving systems what do they call them.. o yea safety harnesses..
Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Drop, I'm glad you're ok. That would have scared the bejesus out of me!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you had yours on!!!!!! You might not be telling this story!!!! I too was hard pressed to wear one for a long time too and it took a stand "seat"breaking (while I was in it)for me to start wearing them.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:48 PM

its great to hear your okay...but man, i always try to "double up" the strapes, if at all possible. but harness or not, it was a heck of a way to fall....glad your alright, and good luck
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM

Good to hear you are okay and I'm glad to see you were wearing your harness. I'll never understand why some hunters don't.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vito1

Good to hear you are okay and I'm glad to see you were wearing your harness. I'll never understand why some hunters don't.
Hunting out of a CLIMBER, I've never needed one. And I never sit down while hunting out of a stand. Maybe when I get a little older, and can't hunt this way anymore, I'll see more use in them.

DT,
Glad you're ok, I'd be writing the company a nasty letter with pictures if I were you if that stand is relatively new!!! But that looks more like the strap was cut than failed from what I've seen in straps failing vs. being cut.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: Vito1

Hunting out of a CLIMBER, I've never needed one. And I never sit down while hunting out of a stand. Maybe when I get a little older, and can't hunt this way anymore, I'll see more use in them.

DT,
Glad you're ok, I'd be writing the company a nasty letter with pictures if I were you if that stand is relatively new!!! But that looks more like the strap was cut than failed from what I've seen in straps failing vs. being cut.
I hunt out of a climber and still use a safety harness. Glad I did, a couple of years ago, while up about 18 feet or so, I was about to finish the climb and set in when my bottom platform slipped down about 6 inches. I feel backwards and would have fallen to the ground if it wasn't for my harness. If I where you, I would think twice about that.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad your ok but now that you've feel it proves your careless and have no business in a tree. Stay on the ground and be the best at it. Falling is only one of the ways people get seriously injured in a tree so...

Why don't we ever hear "I fell, stay on the ground"? Way too many people have no business being intrees that are.

If you can do 5 pull ups you might be eligble to climb trees. Why do you think so many sit and climbs are sold? And sit and climbs for the big boy is just plain rediculous unless you can carry that bulk. I mean no offense. Somebodys got to say it! Spend some time on roofs as high as you go. Do stuff up there you'll soon learn how easy it is to loose sight of were the edge is. Now look at the size of the base of a stand. You don't have a lot of roof infront of you to tell you your getting close. It just isn't worth it. We have a highly paid doc around here who just fell changing a light bulb, darn near ruined his life. Makes you wonder just how much does it cost to change a light bulb?

I don't think I've ever read where Chuck Adams ever sat in a tree.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.