Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How big is big?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Default RE: How big is big?

no big woods around here. buddy has 200 acres bordering TR range in maine though (owns bald mtn next to mt chase). you climb the mountain and look north, west, and southwest, and there is nothing for many, many miles. thats big woods.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big woods aroun here is probably about 1000 acres, really not that big. When i was bear hunting in norther canada...the have HUGE woods. Out fitter we were with has 121 square miles, which is big enough for me to get lost in about ten minutes.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

When i was bear hunting in norther canada...the have HUGE woods. Outfitter we were with has 121 square miles, which is big enough for me to get lost in about ten minutes.
I have 220 square miles....and that's not a big BMA up here.

Good answers everyone. Interesting to see what others perceptions are on this subject.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

When i was bear hunting in norther canada...the have HUGE woods. Outfitter we were with has 121 square miles, which is big enough for me to get lost in about ten minutes.

Good answers everyone. Interesting to see what others perceptions are on this subject.
Thats almost 150k acres....HOLY ****! Totally foreign to me...600 acres here is seriously a huge chunk of land. Most of the time we are dealing with 50-250 acre chunks.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM

Trevor....thats only for bear hunting. Deer is wide open public.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

When we talk abotu Big Woods in Wi, it usually means up north woods, nothign aroudn but forest, or it could be the jackson. clark county forest, thousands and thousands of big woods.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well sorry to offend you, thats pretty much big enough for me to call it big woods.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 AM

Well sorry to offend you, thats pretty much big enough for me to call it big woods.

LOL, I didn't mean it like that AL! Sorry if you took it that way. 121 square miles is a big area! What I was trying to get at was that I have 220, which I could get turned around in very easily, while some outfitters up here have 1000sq miles. So, I was refering to the fact that I have a small BMA, which is still a lrge chunk of ground!

Can we hug now? [8D]
Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, I didn't mean it like that AL! Sorry if you took it that way. 121 square miles is a big area! What I was trying to get at was that I have 220, which I could get turned around in very easily, while some outfitters up here have 1000sq miles. So, I was refering to the fact that I have a small BMA, which is still a lrge chunk of ground!

Can we hug now? [8D]
Hugging leads to spooning, how about a hand shake?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some pix of the public grounds i hunt.. BIG BIG WOODS and country, miles of it as far as the eye can see..
Mike, J and myself kneeling.. glassing for bulls Rybo taking the pix

buddy mike from iowa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.