Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone else still use and old bow? >

Does anyone else still use and old bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone else still use and old bow?

Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 AM

Default RE: Does anyone else still use and old bow?

I am still shooting my PSE Firestorm Lite ... it is about 8 or 9 years old.

I am not saying that REAL old or anything..... but it's longer than a lot of folks keep their bows.

Set up for hunting, it chronos out about 265 FPS... so it is not " Blazing " but it is fast enough. My next bow was going to be the PSE X-Force SS this year, but I was told to wait for the bow PSE has coming out in a few months.... it is said to be the fastest out.. around 365+ FPS.

I'm gonna wait...

Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Spike

Im shooting a Reflex Express from 98, it is shooting around 290 fps the way it is setup right now. i bought it from the guy who first owned it. He kept it in great condition. Although i am in the market for a new one, im think Alpine.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:59 PM

He doesnt use it, but I know a guy who used to hunt with and has in his garage a "screaming eagle". The thing is strung like a recurve, but has additional cams and strings everywhere. At full draw, it is the meanest looking bow I've ever seen- limbs sticking out at odd angles and cables everywhere!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Mountaineer, I think it's a Ranger...It's about 15 years old, I bought it used so I'm not sure...
I guess I'm at a handicap because I still shoot fingers, so I'm limited if I did want a new bow...I do remember that I paid $150 for it...Guess I've got my money out of it...