Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Broadhead to use??? >

Which Broadhead to use???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Broadhead to use???

Old 09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which Broadhead to use???

Okay,let me start off by saying that i went against everyones suggestion to not try compound bow hunting if i couldn't get my crossbow to shoot good.Well i went ahead an bought a new bow at Bass Pro and they were great in setting it up and getting it sighted in and showing me the ropes and all i can say is that i love it.It is way more fun to shoot than my crossbow was,and alot more consistant.I have been practicing alot and have gotten my form down good and practiced from sitting and standing positions and still pretty good.I practice out to 40 yds but i have made my mind up to not shoot at a deer past 30yds.So now that i have it shooting good with field tips,now comes broadheads.I have looked at different websites,but there are just so many,I am overwhelmed.So when broadhead would you guys reccomend useing.I'd like to get one that will fly straight without alot of adjustments to the sights.Thanks!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Broadhead to use???

mechs-rage 2 or 3 blade

Fixed-G5 Montec

both the broadheads fly just like my field tips and i have never had to adjust anything on my bow at all when shooting them. they are both great heads. but try some out and see what fits your bow and the way you shoot.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most quality broadheads today fly very well, they are light years ahead of what we shot in the 60s and 70s...Getting broadheads to shoot in the same group as field points has more to do with tuning your bow to them than current broadhead design...I've used 125 Thunderheads over 25 years and have also used the 125 Muzzys for about 10 years, they both fly the same out of my bow and both kill deer effectively...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:57 PM

I have never had a fixed blade that I couldn't get to fly, but the ones I am using now are the easiest for me so far. Steelforce Phathead 100's.

www.steelforce.com
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rage 2 Blade.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to shoot 100 gr muzzy but has since started using rage 2 blade. But i still have my muzzies on back up.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Spike

I shoot G5 Tekan's and have killed 5 deer with them. They have never not opened correctly, unlike rage 2 blades that I have had issues with in the past.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

personally i love the rage 3 blade.. 100 gr. they flight true as can be.. and they leave one hell of a hole.. but if you dont wanna take a chance with them then i would say muzzy all the way.. muzzy never lets ya down.. try the muzzy mx-3 or the rage 3 blade.. you wont be dissapointed
Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rage 2 blade
Old 09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Th ebest ones i found that group well for me are

Steel Force Sabertooth.100 grain..30.00 for 3

Quick Reply: Which Broadhead to use???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.