Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Helping other hunters >

Helping other hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Helping other hunters

Old 08-30-2008, 06:26 PM

Default Helping other hunters

As you all are aware the cost of getting into hunting is pretty expensive even if you take the cheap route. Well I got to thinking, could the lower number of hunters be caused by the increased price of hunting? I am sure there is many people out there that would love to hunt but can not afford to do so. So I ask you guys, Do you know of any organizations that donate stuff to people that cant afford to hunt? I think that if there was organizations for helping people hunt there would be less theft on our hunting supplies. Just thinking outloud.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Helping other hunters

I dont really think hunting is TOO expensive.

The only thing that is pretty expensive is the tags. (that is if you hunt every year and get multiple tags.) One bow can last you for quite sometime, Just gotta do some maintence on it like a new bow string every 2-3 years along with arrows. (if your good you wont have to worry about the arrows. ).
My mom and dad got me my bow for christmas and I have payed for the 100's of arrows i've gone through along with everything else I think I needed.

Im not sure if there is any organizations that donate hunting equipment, but there are some really nice people out there that are getting to the point were they can't shoot there bows or guns anymore and they do lend them away.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you compare hunting to video games or something similar kids are doing, I do not think hunting is all that expensive. To answer your question though, no I am not aware of any organization that donates hunting supplies. I do not think theft would go down because of an organization like this.....just take a look at all of the other organizations out there that do not have any effect on any other kind of thievery.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

here in oregon its not cuz its to expensive its cause there are tooooo many hippies. ha ha no but really we have a lot of people in Eugene that are against hunting.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other than the initial cost of equipment(bow/accessories) hunting can be fairly inexspensive i think. Other than your basic equipment all you need is your tags.
Granted you can easily spend a ton of money buying all the bells and whistles .

Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Cheaper'n crack.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

hunting can be as cheap or expensive as you make it.

you can get by VERY cheap if you want to and still kill deer. to many people fall for the idea of needing all the best gear or what they see on TV etc....wasnt long ago, red wool was "the good stuff"

yes, you pay for what you get many times....but, if you wanna hunt, you can get cheap stuff and get by and make due if you want....
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree mauser. --nothing really wrong with older equipment---gets the job done. What gets me in trouble is shootingthe new bows and seeing the differance in technology.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

I think the high cost of finding land or not being able to find any land to hunt at all is a big problem. It can be hard to find land to hunt around here, very, very few leases because just about every landowner hunts or has kids or grandkids that hunt. There is public land, but that also brings its own set of problems. I know people who have just given up, saying there isn't anywhere to go anymore without all the hassle that can come with public land and pretty much quit hunting altogether.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

I think the high cost of finding land or not being able to find any land to hunt at all is a big problem. It can be hard to find land to hunt around here, very, very few leases because just about every landowner hunts or has kids or grandkids that hunt. There is public land, but that also brings its own set of problems. I know people who have just given up, saying there isn't anywhere to go anymore without all the hassle that can come with public land and pretty much quit hunting altogether.
i agree with this 100% if you think about it if you dont know someone with land that you can hunt you are SOL. Hunting as my dad puts it is a "Rich mans sport" because to kill deer you need a bow and all the must haves but if you don't have land that you can hunt there is nothing you can do. i mean yeah you can go to an outfitter every year but that just cost even more money. and yes there is public land but you never know if that bone head is going to walk right past you and wave and act like nothing is wrong and ruins your whole hunt. So yes i think hunting can be expensive if you need land to buy/lease but to answer the question in wisconsin i dont know of any organizations that dontates anything to help out people who would like to hunt at all.

Quick Reply: Helping other hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.