Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gotta Love Idiots! >

Gotta Love Idiots!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta Love Idiots!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gotta Love Idiots!

SETUP: Last year when we moved in here, my neighbor showed up and told me that they have always pushed this property during shotgun season and said I could join them if I wanted to. I declined his offer and informed him that no one would be pushing the deer on this property as long as I owned it. Then later I pretty much caught him trespassing and shooting at deer on my property. Finally, he came into my property and erased pictures on my trailcam. After several "discussions" with him, he finally caught on that I wasn't going to be pushed around and I was ready to take action.

POST: Yesterday evening,hecame by with his uncle. His uncle told me that he was severly disabled due to a back injury and had to have help getting a deer every year. His injury makes it so he can't hardly walk 20 feet without severe pain that sticks around for days, if not weeks after he over does things. He said last year he wasn't able to take a deer because of my no trespassing decision. He was all depressed and told me that it had been a difficult year because him and his wife depended on the venison to make ends meet. So, he was wondering if I could help him out and let him hunt my property during the youth/disabled season. I told him that if he came to see me before hunting, I might let him sit down somewhere to take a slickhead. He thanked me and was all choked up. I walked back into the garage and looked at one of thepin holecamera monitors and watched them walk back to his truck. Just before he got in, he looked over his shoulder and not seeing anyone in the window, did a little jig and jumped into the truck. He then high-fived my neighbor. I didn't believe his story in the first place and just wanted to placate him to get him to leave. But then, I got pee'd off when he did his jig with his "bad" back. But then I just laughed and decided to have fun with it. I gave them time to get back home and then called them. I asked my neighbor if his uncle was Irish? He said, "No, why?" I told him that I started to walk outside to tell them I decided that it was okay, when I saw his uncle do a jig before actually hopping into his truck with his "bad back". So, since I didn't want to be the cause of his uncle further injuring himself, I wouldn't be able to let him on my property again without talking to his insurance company first. I have never heard a more humiliated "oh, okay" before in my life!!! Gotta love those idiots!!!! I chuckled about it the rest of the evening. This morning that KC and the Sunshine Band song keeps going over and over through my head.

If I knew whether or not he was getting disability, I'd send the video to the appropriate authorities.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gotta Love Idiots!

In one sense that is a Hilarious story, In a whole other, it's terribly sad what people will do....[&:]
Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people are very bold, to say the least. I commend you for handling it as well as you are, I don't think I could be that "nice".... You will be rewarded for being the bigger person... I like the fact that you can have fun with it too....
Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

True, but the more I live down here in this area, the more I see people who are doing this type of thing. At least in the big cities, they can blend in more with the population. But in the rural areas, they stand out like sore thumbs! I wonder how many of them don't get it even after they are caught time and time again?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is freakn hilarious. That could be one of those "price less" commercials
Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to tell us something about yourself!

I think you did the right thing. I have a buddy that has about 400 acres in Illinois and the locals feel the same way about his land. They think that since he lives in NC and they've been hunting that land their whole lives that they are still entitled to being able to hunt it. In no uncertain terms my buddy has layed down the law to them. He didn't pay nearly $1 million for them to hunt/drive his land when he wasn't there. Now he's there pretty much the entire month of November and December to hunt.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I need to keep all this in a journal and then someday go ahead and publish it. It would sell no less than 100 copies (minimum amount required by publishers for the author to buy). I think I'll call it...Hillbilly 101 - Living and Surviving in the Boonies.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a similar situation. My step-son's father is "fully disabled". He is my age (mid-40's). He gets social security disability. He gets worker's compensation. He also gets disability retirement from his (state) job. He makes more than my wife (an assistant branch manager at a bank) for doing nothing. Despite his "injured back", he hunts much of the year, fishes all summer, puts hit own boat into the lake, rides his ATV and motorcycle, and climbs into a tree stand dozens of times a year. He has been turned in on several occasions, but nothing has been proven...yet.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:39 AM

I think I would have the local authorities on speed dial.....I would almost bet he'll be on your property sometime this fall. What an ass.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

I have a similar situation. My step-son's father is "fully disabled". He is my age (mid-40's). He gets social security disability. He gets worker's compensation. He also gets disability retirement from his (state) job. He makes more than my wife (an assistant branch manager at a bank) for doing nothing. Despite his "injured back", he hunts much of the year, fishes all summer, puts hit own boat into the lake, rides his ATV and motorcycle, and climbs into a tree stand dozens of times a year. He has been turned in on several occasions, but nothing has been proven...yet.
All I can say to that is CAMCORDER. Social Security fraud can be a real bummer when caught, having to pay back all that you got, having to pay fines, and getting to spend some intimate time with Bubba. There was a case back herewith a guy who lived a few doors down in my old neighborhood. His downfall was his bragging and irritating the people next door. They videotaped him doing cannonballs in his pool, doing doughnuts on his ATV in the street and playing basketball in his driveway. He ended up getting 5 years federal time.

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Idiots!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.