Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best pure shooter available? >

Best pure shooter available?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best pure shooter available?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Best pure shooter available?

Since I recently requested opinions on the best fast bow on the market- now I'd like to know what you all think is the best shooting hunting bow on the market. Who makes the smoothest most accurate bow right now?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best pure shooter available?

If your looking for the best "ALL AROUND" Hunting bow with smoothness, and speed....

Bowtech Allegiance
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

IMO just about any bow (tuned) on the market these days will shoot with great accuracy.

Whether the person shooting it is accurate is another story.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

You're gonna get a lot of informed and a lot of biased replies.

Mine is both.....and I agree with young Buckmaster.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 AM

it's all a compromise. The best shooter will be long axle to axle and big brace heights. You just have to decide how much your are willing to sacrifice.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nralover

Since I recently requested opinions on the best fast bow on the market- now I'd like to know what you all think is the best shooting hunting bow on the market. Who makes the smoothest most accurate bow right now?
It's all a personal preference, you'll hear guys that will say any and every different brand is the "BEST," but only you can determine what really is BEST for you. That being said, look at longer axle to axle bows and longer braceheight bows of the various different brands, and then shoot them. I've shot many bows and just about everything out there made today feels pretty nice. As far as WHO makes the most accurate bow, THEY'RE all accurate, it's more about the knucklehead standing behind the bow. Granted, certain set-ups are going to tend to be more accurate, due to longer A-to-A's and BH's, but their all pretty accurate. About a month ago shooting at cabela's, I stacked 'em up real nice with a Diamond Marquis, a Black Ice, and a Bear Truth II, they all were nice shooters. The Marquis was obviously the fastest, but also the most aggressive on the draw. As was said above, it really is determined by what you're willing to sacrifice.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cooter144

IMO just about any bow (tuned) on the market these days will shoot with great accuracy.

Whether the person shooting it is accurate is another story.
+1 Right there. It sure does seem that most companies are putting out some very fine equipment these days. Try them all out and pick the one you like, not what every one else likes!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

IMO, No other bow can compare to ths smoothness, forgiveness, and now even more speed......than the Mathews DXT. Mathews were the originators on a forgiving bow and set a precedent for which all companies have tried to follow. I find itinteresting when peoplecriticize the Mathews company, when everyone knows that if they look at their bow, its likely they will find a component that is a copy of Mathews innovation....honestly, but Imust say that I believe that Bowtech and Hoyt now make a great bow as well.

BTW, I don't sell Mathews bows, as someone will likely call me a dealer..haha, just from my experience preaching on mathews bows....I just love em!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The very hard part of this question is that you are going to have a bow that is tuned to its very peak, and of course have a shooter who is quite litterally world class.

The only problem with that, is there are not very many world class archers that don't have a company tag line in their signature... or who wouldn't be fired outright for so much as shooting another companies bow.

You'd probably have to talk with a very very skilled bow technition... maybe someone like Crackers.

My personal opinion is that two cam bows are still more accurate (while being faster)than single cams. Single cams shoot a bit smoother and are a bit more maintenence free. I'm a pretty good shot, but still not really accurate enough to tell the difference between the two. Not even close actually.

As for the most accurate bows that are the easiest to shoot... my opinion here... the Bowtech Alliegence, and the Diamond Black Ice are both pretty hard to beat. The Vectrix XL is a solid choice.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I vote the Guardian. Yes I do have one but....that is only because I shot a ton of other bows and decided on it still. Awesome bow.

Quick Reply: Best pure shooter available?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.