Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! ** >

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

this post is for the guys that were like the OLD mauser...saying "oh i hunt alone i cant get good in the field pics...and i lug more than enough stuff around i dont wanna carry a tripod just incase i kill something that day.."

that was the old mauser...

this year, i was alone...as alone as one can get...in the mountains at my buddies familes camp...noone expected to be anywhere around till late that nite at the earliest...

i wanted nice in the field pics...i was determined to get them...i worked with what i had...

i used my tree stand, stumps, and logs to get these pics...

this one is the one that i believe came out the best..

a little blood..a dead fern on its nose, and some roughed up hair, but one of my best ever..

this one, washed out a bit..and doesnt show off the rack..but the best of the series i took at that spot (read farther..)

these next 2, taken at the same time as the above, have a better head angle and would been really nice pics IMO, but, washed out worse, and i chopped my head off...kicking myself..but i didnt take the extra time to check and make sure..i checked them but not well enough...

that series is my favorite because it tells the working side of a deer hunt IMO...i had about a 1/2 mile drag out..solo..through tree tops for about all of it..it was warm out..i already field dressed the buck and got him "off the mountain" and im in the hemlock bottom that is prevelant in the area..im soaked in sweat..got my stand on my back with my pack, coat, and even my bow attached so i could make the drag...

although not PERFECT pics, i felt they were worth posting as i took them 100% solo..and without a tripod..just a typical point n shoot camera with a self timer...a little work and i'll get better...hard to tell what you did right or wrong till you get them on a PC and look close and often at them...but i felt worth posting for the guys like the old mauser that hunt alone and dont think its possible..although mine arent perfect, a few slight changes and they could been pretty dang good pics...and i got some that arent posted that came out nice as well...

dad was never big into pics...my pics from my early days are of me standing next to the deer hanging from the "meat tree" or in the back of the truck...i got 1 of dad beside the road...our best attempt of a field pic...i feel good in the field pics are priceless...

i really dont care if theres some blood..or an arrow or bullet hole..stuff like that...to me, thats part of the hunt...i tried my best this year to prop him up and get the legs under him..i did smooth back some hair and make the holes not so visible..but im not saleing my pics to a magazine...im taking them for memories and to tell the tale...i killed him...there was blood..i made holes..the tounge wasnt hanging out and he wasnt a mess..so im happy...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdust
MK, I just love that pic with your boy holding the deer. It makes me smile and warms the heart to see one so young involved in hunting.
Thank you! I actually took him with me the evening I shot him to help me track my buck. He did for probably about 60 yards or so then we came bog where he couldn't continue with me. He loved every second of it and was upset he couldn't go further with me.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not exactly a trophy...but..

I haven't had much time to hunt this year with all the studying, exams, lectures and interns for my medical degree (BS), despite our deer seasons being 6 months long here but i did manage to get a nice big rabbit not far from my house, took me about 2 hours out on the field to spot one. It was taken at 25 yards up hill.

I do alot of competition shoots in my local area, have some medals so my shooting isn't poor. I have a nice buck lined up for me in MS in 6 weeks so all is not that bad, best of both worlds.

At least I will have something to be proud of

Old 11-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Awwwwww, no more Bugs Bunny. lol Guess he's not getting out of the stew pot this time. lol
Old 11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 11-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default 1st Md Buck

I live in southcentral PA and attained access to a farm in Northern Md. It is great to know you can still find a farm where you can put in a little hard work for the farmer and gain access to hunt his property. I had been hunting a couple of days on the farm as it always takes a bit to learn where the deer tend to run. I had been hunting all day on Oct. 31 seeing some does in the morning. The rest of the day was very quite and to top it off it started raining a little after four. It got fairly heavy for 10 or 15 minutes and didn't look like it would stop so I packed up and headed out. Only to get to my vehicle and have it stop. Instead of wasting the last 30 minutes of light I thought I would do a little scouting. Walked a strip of woods at the top of a corn field to find some fairly fresh scrapes and caught movement. About 60 yards ahead of me was a buck a 3 does feeding on acorns. I didn't have my bow (as luck would have it), so I watched until they fed out of sight and made a mental note.

I didn't get back down to the farm until Friday November 6th. Got in the woods around 1 o'clock to survey the woods and find a suitable tree for my climber. Once I find the spot I clear just a few limbs for shooting lanes, laid a scent trail down with buck bomb and settled in my tree. I was settled in the tree by 2:30pm and sat down to relax and let the wood calm down. At 3:00 I got up to investigate some noise in a funnel to my left and seen a deer pass by below. I was standing there watching that funnel for any movement. About 15 minutes pass by and I hear foot steps right behind me at about 5 o'clock and they are close. All I can think is a deer is standing down there looking at me. But after it would only take a few steps, pause, a few more steps, pause. So I started shiifting my weight around to see what was behind me. As I was about 3/4's of the way around I spied this fella with his nose to the ground on the scent trail I made about 2 hours prior. I came to full draw and made a solid double lung shot at 15yds with the deer quartering away. He ran about 45 yards and piled up in sight. I was an awesome afternoon!
Attached Thumbnails  **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **-bud-farm-s-6-pt-11609-1-.jpg  

Last edited by frocb; 01-15-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where she fell. Blood is exit, slight quarter entrance-was broadside & turned as I shot @ 25 yds...Went 30 yds...
You can see I "was' ready for the pic....
Attached Thumbnails  **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **-medoe800whereshefell08.jpg  
Old 12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Spike

Think of the the people who may view these photos !! They see a bloody deer and they may be the one who vote against hunting. KEEP them clean. Lets protect our sport. This would included fishing too.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another from 1980
Attached Thumbnails  **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **-scan0033.jpg  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

This was the best of about 20 shots, taken a couple years back, of my best friend and hunting buddy. Taken on public land in the White River National Forest in Colorado, you can see the White River in the background.
 **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **-7201041483_corysbull.jpg

Last edited by elkmtngear; 01-06-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.