Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **  Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! ** >

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Default RE: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

ORIGINAL: Transcendstime

One thing I can recommend too.... Get a copy of a digital editing program (Photoshop etc) With in a couple hours you can learn to digitally edit pics (color balances, lighten and darken different areas to enchance them, etc etc)in a few minutes.

I recommend photo shop elements, which is a few hundred bucks cheaper than full blown photo shop and should be more than powerful enough for most of us. Or if your on a budget and want something more than elements try "The GIMP" a free photo editing program.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM

My number one all time favorite post

I try my best, but never end up satisfied with the end results no matter how much I try lol
Old 08-27-2008, 04:35 AM

Thanks, Matt! I'm particularly fond of the "Indian style" pose.....
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

How about some tips for those of us that hunt alone? I do my best with setting the timer on my Canon Powershot and setting the camera on my pack or something but getting a "quality" shot is something I haven't gotten close to yet. Any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually set the camera on my backpack, a log, or a pile of rocks...set the timer...and run back behind the deer if I'm by myself.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is the slickest little item.........and the one I mentioned in my original post:

http://www.savagearchery.com/store.php?crn=58

Look on the right side of the screen, it's called the "Pocket Pod" You take 3 arrows and stick the nocks into grooves on the bottom of the little tri-pod head that has a standard camera screw adapter in the bottom. They pivot and swivel too so you can actually angle how you want to set the "tripod" and camera.

It weighs a couple ounces at most and if you throw that and 3 field points in a small baggie in your pack you have an instant cheap arse tripod that you can jam into the dirt in pretty much any terrain.

I'm going to order another one myself because I keep misplacing the one I have.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be getting one of those soon! Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 AM

Great post, Matt. I know some don't care about the photo or taking a photo at all, but to me, the photo is more precious than the mount. Something about that moment being frozen in time. Quality photos are very important to me. Again, great post!

One thing I can't stress enough is, KNOW YOUR CAMERA. You can take professional looking photos with some of the cheapest digitals out today. Now is the time to read the manual and experiment with the settings so you don't screw up the photo of your "buck of a lifetime". Or your buddies.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Thnaks, Matt...

One thing I'm going to try to do a better job of is.....taking more pictures of the recovery. That photo from last year....with the buck on his side and the arrow sticking up....might just be the best hunting photo I've ever seen. Kudos to the CAMERAMAN! Nice forethought

I took a LOT of pictures of my '07 buck....and I still thought there were some that I wish I'd had. Live and learn, but learn from everyone else's mistakes.

Thanks again, Matt.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Last year for the contest there was also a photo contest. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. I will continue searching, but if someone else can find it first, there was some great examples of good pics there too.

Quick Reply: ** Take Quality Pictures......Ones to be proud of!! **

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.