Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Record on your season being over? >

Record on your season being over?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Record on your season being over?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Record on your season being over?

I know some of you guys hunt one buck states......and I know some of you guys don't hunt does.

So I got to thinking......

What's the record on minutes/hours/days/weeks your season has been OVER? (speaking if you ONLY got to hunt your home state)

I posted last year that I feel extremely fortunate to hunt in a multi-tag state. Being done in a matter of (_________) would be a bummer, to me.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Record on your season being over?

Noton whitetail but I drove 20 hours to go bear hunting in Quebec for a weekand I was only on stand for 25 minutes when I shot and killed my bear.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have been done by the first week of Oct acoupletimes.

I could have kept hunting for doe's but I can only eat one deer.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I had a nice 2.5 year old 7 point that had a cool crab claw going on. That was the at the end of the first week last year. And ya its a factor, but I wouldn't have shot him on the last day(I had tag soup).........I want to see him this year.[8D]
Old 08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fortunately I live in a multi-tag state. It would have been pretty disappointing for me in the past coupel years if i didnt.

I killed a buck on the 3rd day of season in 2006 and a buck on the 2nd day last year in 2007.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last year I sat a total of 4 hours on stand (2 evenings on stand) before I arrowed my P&Y buck. I felt guilty but like everyone kept telling me It was a long time coming and much deserved. I still felt guilty though. I'm used to working my ass off for mature 4.5+ bucks!!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Last year I sat a total of 4 hours on stand (2 evenings on stand) before I arrowed my P&Y buck. I felt guilty but like everyone kept telling me It was a long time coming and much deserved. I still felt guilty though. I'm used to working my ass off for mature 4.5+ bucks!!
Damn, Schutzy.....kudos.

Now that's the way to end your season early.....lol.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Damn, Schutzy.....kudos.

Now that's the way to end your season early.....lol.
Thanks Jeff. Let me tell ya I was driving the g/f nuts last fall not deer hunting!! It was my 1st P&Y so I'll take it anyway I can get it I guess.[8D]
Old 08-25-2008, 01:32 PM

I can buy archery tags over the counter all season long If I wish, With a 2 buck maximum for the entire year, regardless of weapon.

It's never been an issue during archery, but there have been at least 2 gun seasons of mine last less than 1 hour.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

20 years ago I drove home from college on a Friday afternoon to hunt for the whole weekend. Grabbed my bow and shot a couple of times. Walked out to a stand and arrowed a 120"9 pt. in 40 minutes.

Quick Reply: Record on your season being over?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.