Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IT BLEW UP!!!!

Old 03-12-2003, 11:32 AM

Default IT BLEW UP!!!!

Hey guys,

I just took the MightyMite out to get a few shots in. I shot groups of 3 arrows at 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55 yards. My bow doesn' t have a sight so I was just going with what felt good as far as aiming goes.

Well, at 15 and 25, I had no problem putting them right in the kill zone. I was just aiming with what felt good and it was slingin them in there.

35 and 45 were a bit tricky. Not consistent, but, what do you expect with a bow that doesnt have sights.

Well, I step back to 55 yards and shot my frist arrow. I hit about 4 inches back of the heart. My next shot skimmed the stomach of the deer. My last shot was an interesting one. I was shooting 394 grain Bemans, and, as you all know, I have my MightyMite set at 30" draw and 72# draw weight. The bow is entirely bare right now until my tech guy gets back to work (he injured himself and hasn' t been at the pro-shop). I had all my accessories on that were on the MT Sport, but, I took them off because the rest of my stuff should be comming in tommorow. Well, anyways, I draw back, and hold where I feel is right. I let the arrow go, and BOOOOOOOM!!!! My jaw hit the floor. My arrow blew up on the target. I know it is pushing alot of speed and KE, but, man.... Well, I went down and took a look at my target. Here, I hit the front leg, where the solid steel rod that goes into the ground meets the leg. I smacked right into it, and, well, Mr. Beman is no more.

It was just pretty funny, that was the first Beman I have had blow up on me. But, I guess an arrow traveling at speeds that high going right into a solid steel rod will tend to get a little damage.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: IT BLEW UP!!!!

...and here I thought that your Mighty Mite blew up! You titled this thread in that manner on purpose!

I have never had an arrow explode upon impact before but I bet that was interesting to see.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:50 AM

Hey Frank,

You know I wouldn' t do something like that [>:][>:]

It was funny to say the least, but, as soon as it happened, my stomach dropped. The first thought that crossed my mind was " If an arrow explodes on foam, how am I every going to hunt with this bow." , but hey, I don' t know of any deer that have solid steel beams in them..
Old 03-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are your bemans 394 grains finished arrows with points and all? If so, what grain tip are you shooting, and which beman at what length?
Old 03-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

They blow up on concrete wall too.[:' (]
Old 03-12-2003, 12:03 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I had a similar experience with my BK II. Was sighting in, shot over the target and gold tip hit a steel fence post behing the target and the arrow exploded like you said. It is kind of neat but I won' t do it again on purpose.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:16 PM

I was shooting 31" Beman ICS Hunter 400' s with a 100 grain field point.

The weight of 394 grains is the total actual weight of the arrow, with the nock and inserts and the 100 grain field point.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-12-2003, 01:00 PM

You could robinhood them!

Let us know how you do once you get some pins on that baby.

-Chief
Old 03-12-2003, 01:04 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Ever seen a grown man cry? Watch a guy put not one, but two ACE' s into the leg pipe on a 3D target. There' s about $50.00 he used to have!

JRW

Quick Reply: IT BLEW UP!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.